Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Sep 3, 2015 - 1:50 PM   
 By:   Roger Feigelson   (Member)

It's interesting that Season 1 was in print for so much longer than Season 2 -- were both titles a raging success, Roger? (If so that bodes really well for a third volume!)

Yavar

Diminishing returns...I doubt a Vol. 3 would be profitable.

Posted:   Sep 3, 2015 - 7:53 PM   
 By:   Tom Servo   (Member)

Well, I'm just happy that we've got these two fabulous CD sets of music from the show, that in itself is a dream come true. With 7 CD's worth of great music from one of my nostalgic favorite shows. I appreciate that Intrada spent the time and money investing in these releases, a wonderful companion to the BSG sets. Thanks again Intrada!

Posted:   Sep 3, 2015 - 8:27 PM   
 By:   CindyLover   (Member)

And to everybody who missed out and has to pay higher prices from eBay or Amazon, let this be a lesson to us.

Posted:   Sep 4, 2015 - 8:52 AM   
 By:   Mick Moreau   (Member)

And to everybody who missed out and has to pay higher prices from eBay or Amazon, let this be a lesson to us.
expensive as I just now bought mine from ebay, but worth it wink

Posted:   Sep 4, 2015 - 9:18 AM   
 By:   jkannry   (Member)

It's interesting that Season 1 was in print for so much longer than Season 2 -- were both titles a raging success, Roger? (If so that bodes really well for a third volume!)

Yavar

Roger not sure I agree. There's so much to release from season one and season one out sold two.

Posted:   Sep 4, 2015 - 9:24 AM   
 By:   John-73   (Member)

Yavar

That's a real shame to hear... I'm still pinching myself we got what we did though (never thought we'd see any releases beyond the film/pilot), and am very grateful to all at Intrada for making it happen. The sound quality is just sublime throughout all volumes, great sleevenotes, superb cover art, top-tier releases in every respect. Perhaps a single CD volume at least might be more profitable, less financially risky, if there's ever a Volume 3.

Posted:   Sep 4, 2015 - 9:40 AM   

Yavar

That's a real shame to hear... I'm still pinching myself we got what we did though (never thought we'd see any releases beyond the film/pilot), and am very grateful to all at Intrada for making it happen. The sound quality is just sublime throughout all volumes, great sleevenotes, superb cover art, top-tier releases in every respect. Perhaps a single CD volume at least might be more profitable, less financially risky, if there's ever a Volume 3.

Agree and well said. I too am grateful. I'd too take a single CD as long as Dream of Jennifer on there.

Posted:   Sep 4, 2015 - 9:52 AM   
 By:   chriss   (Member)

Perhaps a single CD volume at least might be more profitable, less financially risky, if there's ever a Volume 3.

Agree and well said. I too am grateful. I'd too take a single CD as long as Dream of Jennifer on there.

A single "best of" CD might be a good idea.
There are great composers in the first season of Buck Rogers otherwise nearly or completely unrepresented on disc:
Richard Markowitz (The Wild Wild West)
J.J. Johnson (The Six Million Dollar Man/Starsky and Hutch)
Robert Prince (Night Gallery/Mannix/The Name of the Game/McCloud,...)
John Cacavas (Kojak).
Cacavas did the episode "Dream of Jennifer" jkannry mentioned.

Posted:   Sep 4, 2015 - 11:26 AM   

Perhaps a single CD volume at least might be more profitable, less financially risky, if there's ever a Volume 3.

A single "best of" CD might be a good idea.
There are great composers in the first season of Buck Rogers otherwise nearly or completely unrepresented on disc:
Richard Markowitz (The Wild Wild West)
J.J. Johnson (The Six Million Dollar Man/Starsky and Hutch)
Robert Prince (Night Gallery/Mannix/The Name of the Game/McCloud,...)
John Cacavas (Kojak).
Cacavas did the episode "Dream of Jennifer" jkannry mentioned.

I count 4 of us. If we each buy 3 CDs that's 12 right there.

Posted:   Sep 4, 2015 - 11:38 AM   
 By:   Justin Boggan   (Member)

Thinking aloud: what if Intrada did what La La Land did with Star Trek -- have people sign up for a copy, so they know about how much to press?

Posted:   Sep 5, 2015 - 4:25 AM   
 By:   John-73   (Member)

Thinking aloud: what if Intrada did what La La Land did with Star Trek -- have people sign up for a copy, so they know about how much to press?

I'd definitely put my name down for a couple of copies if this ever happened.

Posted:   Sep 5, 2015 - 4:54 AM   
 By:   Big X   (Member)

I'd definitely put my name down for a couple of copies if this ever happened.

For those who missed out on both volumes there are still some available at Chris' Soundtrack Corner.

Posted:   Sep 5, 2015 - 5:37 AM   

Like it.

Posted:   Sep 5, 2015 - 2:25 PM   

Who else would be up for a Volume 3 that had more Season One?