Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Dec 7, 2014 - 2:59 AM   
 By:   DeputyRiley   (Member)

I enjoyed your breakdown too Dep. Like Joan, I only wish I had the CD to play while feasting on
your points and info (although unlike Joan I didn't wait for Santa and took matters into my own
hands and hope it arrives from Americee very soon).
I will enjoy spotting your highlighted themes as I spin it.

Thanks, Kev! Like I said to Joan, post back here once you've listened and let us know what you think! If you're so inclined. smile

Posted:   Dec 7, 2014 - 5:32 AM   
 By:   Luc Van der Eeken   (Member)

I can safely say I like this one the most of the three, dramatically I think it's the strongest. A strong conclusion to a fabulous year from him. I think part 2 will be the masterpiece.

Posted:   Dec 16, 2014 - 3:46 AM   
 By:   Kev McGann   (Member)

My CD arrived on Saturday.
Hope to spin it a few times today...more news at 9 wink

Posted:   Dec 16, 2014 - 5:09 AM   

My CD arrived on Saturday.
Hope to spin it a few times today...more news at 9 wink

Pump up the jam!

Posted:   Dec 16, 2014 - 5:41 AM   
 By:   jfallon   (Member)

Hey DR I also used to post more in depth lengthy posts but like you felt they went nowhere so I stopped. But I do think they are read but just not replied too. Anyway nice breakdown!

Posted:   Dec 16, 2014 - 6:47 AM   

Hey DR I also used to post more in depth lengthy posts but like you felt they went nowhere so I stopped. But I do think they are read but just not replied too. Anyway nice breakdown!

So you feel my pain! wink I joke. Thank you for what you said. I promise if I see an in-depth lengthy post by you I will be sure to give you a substantive response. I've got your back! I really do appreciate what you, Kev, and Joan said, helping alleviate my silly message board posting insecurities. razz

Posted:   Dec 18, 2014 - 7:41 AM   
 By:   Kev McGann   (Member)

As I anticipated, from my viewing of the film, this is the strongest score of the 3 so far for me.
There's almost a religious feel to a lot of the cues, as the intensity of the situations increases.
I agree that this score triumphs, in some small part, due to the breadcrumbs that have been put down in the first two scores. This one felt like things locking into place.
I've played through twice and already noted more tracks (for my keeper playlist) than almost the first two scores combined.
I must admit to being disappointed when Elfman left this gig early doors, but now I can't imagine ANY other composer or scores being more fitting to this series than JNH.