Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   May 6, 2016 - 2:10 PM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

For us here at FSM, it was very real, yes!

Personally, I can't get enough of these dreams. This is one of my alltime favourite threads on this board, and I hope it continues for many more years.

Posted:   May 8, 2016 - 2:35 PM   
 By:   Howard L   (Member)

Is this the oldest thread on this board?

what happened to parts 1-2A?

One of the oldest, yes.

The original "Weird Dreams" thread was posted on moviemusic.com (not by me!), back when FSM people had migrated there after millennium turnover issues at FSM. This would be early 2000. Then "Part 2" was posted at the refurbished FSM site on September 1, 2000. However, just one month later, they refurbished again (into its current format), so I had to re-post, calling it "Part 2B".

Sadly, the moviemusic.com board was disbanded a few years ago, so no way to access the original thread now. But I seem to remember Howard L having discovered a back door link to the ol' board. If so, I'll let him chime in.

Oh wow uh...possibly it's still out there but right now can't recall if I've come across it. If I do you KNOW it'll be resurrected via link.

The Y2K glitch or whatever lasted here until at least July per the JG Detroit concert threads at moviemusic. Will try to nail this all down in near future.

In the meantime, try this one on for size:
http://moviemusic.com/mb/Forum1/HTML/001291.html

Posted:   May 24, 2016 - 12:26 PM   
 By:   Mr. Marshall   (Member)

I was talking to JNH about who composed what music for THE DARK KNIGHT that he shared credit with HZ.
JNH claimed that HE wrote all the themes and Hanz wrote the underscore!
"Even that 2-note theme?" I exclaimed. Yes, said JNH "I wrote that also"

SCOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
brm

ALso dreamed I was sitting in the balcony w/Ennio discussing his score to H8 while we watched the film together!

Posted:   Jul 28, 2016 - 6:41 PM   
 By:   DavidinBerkeley   (Member)

I'm looking to hear a certain cuem from one of Henry Mancini's films, being recorded live. I get an invitation to go to a session!

Then I totally blow it off. And I talk to Mancini himself, and he lets me come to another session later (he's doing a series of sessions for the Muzak market).

Then, I remember: Henry Mancini is dead. So, who was I talking to?

Posted:   Jul 29, 2016 - 11:26 AM   
 By:   DavidinBerkeley   (Member)

Another one, two in one week!

I'm going to a Goldsmith presentation, where JG himself will reminisce about his work from onstage.

I end up sitting backstage (wow!) and can only find an old-fashioned psychiatrist's couch to sit on.

Harry Shearer is there, too.

But before the performance, I run into JG himself and he asks me if I have any candy. I hand him my clear-ish, white-ish mechanical pencil, which he starts to play like a whistle. I think "Jerry Goldsmith saliva on my pencil. I should save it!"

Posted:   Jul 29, 2016 - 12:28 PM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

He, he....you're on a roll, David!