Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Apr 27, 2017 - 12:19 AM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

Ah, sorry I missed it. Yeah, looks appropriately cheesy. smile

Posted:   May 26, 2017 - 5:07 PM   
 By:   DavidinBerkeley   (Member)

David Raksin told a LOL* friend of mine that if she knitted her yarn a certain way, she would make a net-like tube. This, he said, would be something she could wear around her neck, just like his mother did.

My friend tried it right then, with pink yarn. Although it matched her pink outfit, she decided she didn't like it. When Raksin looked a little miffed, she reminded him about the time when he was talking to Akira Kurosawa.

*Little Old Lady. See http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=43366&forumID=7&archive=0

Posted:   Jun 22, 2017 - 3:22 PM   
 By:   DavidinBerkeley   (Member)

There's going to be a new release of the soundtrack to THE FURY (1978)! I got to see a live performance* of the music that is new to cd.

Susan Sarandon proudly showed me the liner notes of the release she was producing (it had LOTS of typos).

The new music was from the diegetic** concert performance (semi-staged) of the finale of an opera. I watched a simultaneous performance of both the onscreen opera with a tenor, doing the finale of the work, and underscoring overlay***. The tenor drops dead during the finale and sings the last portion lying on the floor.

The cd will feature both the pieces together, and a separate track with just the underscore.

*(or was it the filming of the performance for the film? or the recording for the film soundtrack? or for a re-recording?)

**My first time using that word! smile

***(if that's a term smile )

Posted:   Jun 23, 2017 - 12:12 AM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

He, he....sign me up for that! smile