Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Oct 1, 2018 - 11:42 AM   
 By:   solium   (Member)

With Solo coming out on streaming and home video we're starting to see a lot of cut scenes and extended scenes. I wonder if there's a lot music written for the film not on the OST? Or does the OST have a lot of music not heard in the film because of the re-shoots and cuts?

Posted:   Oct 1, 2018 - 11:45 AM   
 By:   Shaun Rutherford   (Member)

With Solo coming out on streaming and home video we're starting to see a lot of cut scenes and extended scenes. I wonder if there's a lot music written for the film not on the OST? Or does the OST have a lot of music not heard in the film because of the re-shoots and cuts?

I don't know, but those deleted scenes are AWFUL.

Posted:   Oct 1, 2018 - 12:13 PM   
 By:   LeHah   (Member)

Anyone else think that if Disney had released this in December 2018, it would have made a stack of money?

It would have made more than now.

I also believe that the all too public discussion about the original directors being replaced hurt the reception.

Not that general audiences care one bit about the production history of a film. But "Solo" simply had no chance of being discovered as the film it was, it was weighed down by being "in trouble", a "disaster waiting to happen".

In a way, it suffered the fate of "John Carter".

To be fair, the average person is a complete, medically-confirmed, dollar-store brand-name idiot and Hollywood knows this.

A favorite story of my friend's is when he went to see The Force Awakens and they opened the theater curtains and starting running the picture before dimming the lights. People talked among themselves, not realizing the movie was running - SFX and music and all - until the lights dimmed. Pavlov would've been rolling in laughter.