Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Jun 6, 2018 - 6:08 PM   
 By:   Mr. Marshall   (Member)

Actually Black Patch is the one that might have some music you like in it...but it's never been released.

Yavar

Well, that's what I always worry about. Does it have any of his nervous/angular/longhair Twilight Zone sound?

Onyabirri should trademark that phrase

Posted:   Jun 6, 2018 - 7:16 PM   
 By:   OnyaBirri   (Member)

Onyabirri should trademark that phrase

How much do you think I can earn?

Posted:   Jun 6, 2018 - 7:22 PM   
 By:   La La Land Records   (Member)

10 under our belt thus far! smile

Posted:   Jun 7, 2018 - 4:03 AM   
 By:   Graham Watt   (Member)

So it is a harmonica-free, banjo-free safe space?

Haha yes, though both Playhouse 90 scores we covered (neither of them a western really) both feature harmonica, just to warn you.

You may also like Face of a Fugitive at times (though perhaps not as much as Black Patch). Try this main title -- it's nice and dark and I detect some Rozsa influence:

Yavar

Hey Yavar - You forgot to mention Previn AGAIN! And North. And Rosenman at 2:45 (although I'm sure you deliberately avoided mentioning him).

Posted:   Nov 8, 2018 - 2:41 PM   
 By:   Yavar Moradi   (Member)

I figured this thread was worth bumping, as any fans of Goldsmith western music can now hear three complete Jerry Goldsmith TV western scores for Gunsmoke here, on The Goldsmith Odyssey:
https://www.buzzsprout.com/159614/853743-episode-14-gunsmoke-doc-judge-the-blacksmith-the-wake-1960

Curious to hear what you think!

Yavar