Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Aug 12, 2018 - 11:27 AM   
 By:   kaseykockroach   (Member)

So, what's the verdict on this release? Any word on whether this is worth it?

Posted:   Aug 12, 2018 - 2:56 PM   
 By:   Mr. Marshall   (Member)

Did no one get my reference?

Posted:   Aug 12, 2018 - 3:19 PM   
 By:   jkannry   (Member)

I remember, at the time, these recordings were our only recourse to hearing this music apart from the film. Long before the original soundtracks were pried from the vaults by our intrepid specialty labels, these CDs offered not only as-yet-unreleased scores for MAC AND ME, BILL AND TED'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE, SECONDS, THE ILLUSTRATED MAN and more - but also dug deeper to present previously unheard tracks from movies like INNERSPACE and THE ROAD WARRIOR.

Silva Screen eventually refined this model and put out a slew of re-recorded compilations (amidst much backlash from the purists) and I have to admit...I miss these sorts of movie music round-ups. They are indeed fun to return to - I wish they still made them (too bad the marketplace will not support them any longer).

For many years they were the only ones who had any of the WILD WILD WEST TOS. Main theme minor theme or two and end theme. Had three minutes and thats all there was til LLL.

Posted:   Aug 12, 2018 - 4:41 PM   
 By:   bobbengan   (Member)

My copy should arrive tomorrow, I'll report back eminently.

Posted:   Aug 12, 2018 - 5:43 PM   
 By:   danbeck   (Member)

Entertaining albums, all of them. There was also a lengthy suite from REMO WILLIAMS, SHOOT TO KILL, the main title from Robert Farnon's BEAR ISLAND and numerous other oddities.

I purchased it for the (at the time) unreleased music from Jaws The Revenge, and discovered other scores I was unfamiliar with and returned many times to tracks from Remo, Shoot to Kill. In that Silva compilation I also rediscovered Nate & Hayes which I had seen in theater many years before but instantanely remembered upon hearing the theme. Great that most of those unreleased scores are now available.