Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Aug 21, 2014 - 10:23 AM   
 By:   OnyaBirri   (Member)

Different strokes for different folks. But your assessment of the show and the characters is so far off and inaccurate. LoL

My assessment of the show is based on virtually every episode that the producers of the marathon chose to air that day, LoL

Posted:   Aug 21, 2014 - 11:43 PM   
 By:   DarthBrett   (Member)

Totally true!! lol I will admit there are a few episodes that definitely have most of those instances you mentioned. Whenever there is a rainy day and you have a chance, watch the two episodes I mentioned.

The music in Columbo was really good, though. I still am hopefull we'll see some sort of compilation release one day.

Posted:   Aug 22, 2014 - 4:47 AM   
 By:   OnyaBirri   (Member)

Totally true!! lol I will admit there are a few episodes that definitely have most of those instances you mentioned. Whenever there is a rainy day and you have a chance, watch the two episodes I mentioned.

The music in Columbo was really good, though. I still am hopefull we'll see some sort of compilation release one day.

The music is really cool, agreed.

Do you know the episode where Thayer David (from Dark Shadows) runs a magic/occult shop? I have been wanting to see that one.

Posted:   Aug 22, 2014 - 6:44 AM   
 By:   DarthBrett   (Member)

Do you know the episode where Thayer David (from Dark Shadows) runs a magic/occult shop? I have been wanting to see that one.

Yes, that is "Now You See Him..." which was Jack Cassidy's third & final appearance on the show. That's actually one of my favorite episodes.

Posted:   Aug 22, 2014 - 4:12 PM   
 By:   spielboy   (Member)

Of course the guy questioned is guilty, you always see him/her killing his/her partner at the beginning of every episode. Maybe you saw them backwards?!

that's the funny thing about the series, how Columbo stalks every suspect. In fact, you can play at the game at which exact moment he starts suspicions over him/her.

but this thread is about scores...

Posted:   Aug 22, 2014 - 11:55 PM   
 By:   CindyLover   (Member)

Lol Then you didn't watch enough Columbos. A lot of them aren't even men as the murderer and a lot of them are not wealthy or fit men in the slightest.

One of the latter-day instalments didn't even involve a murderer ("No Time To Die").

Posted:   Aug 23, 2014 - 12:02 AM   
 By:   CindyLover   (Member)

Of course the guy questioned is guilty, you always see him/her killing his/her partner at the beginning of every episode.

Unless the episode is "Last Salute To The Commodore," in which the characters played by John Dehner and Robert Vaughn get bumped off off-camera...

Posted:   Aug 24, 2014 - 12:27 PM   
 By:   Stefan Huber   (Member)

I have to say that I'm a die-hard "Columbo" fan, but OnyaBirri's comment has made my day. Of course, there are many episodes that have a totally different plot, but for many cases the description holds true. And this comment doesn't make me enjoy "Columbo" any less. It's really less about the plot line than the character Peter Falk has created. I'm not too happy about the 1980s episodes, but enjoy most of the 1970s episodes (even though I've seen some of them dozens of times).

It's really odd that none of the "Columbo" music has yet been officially released. I sure hope that somebody will sometime take the challenge. One of the oddest "Columbo" musical moments I remember is happening in the episode "A Stitch In Crime": one of the mystery cues is used as a lounge source cue during a cocktail party. It doesn't get any better than this smile