Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Aug 12, 2014 - 4:55 AM   
 By:   JB Fan   (Member)

Enough got it sufficiently to have blasted the title off LLL's shelves. It is listed in the OP section of the website.

So, I was right, when I ordered this one along with Naked Gun, Gotham Knight & Speed/Speed 2...
The package arrived last week, but still not listen this one. Quartet batch also arrived at same time, so I have to listen at least 11 albums (15 CDs) - but I'm happy with this BIG listening "duty"! wink

Posted:   Aug 12, 2014 - 10:50 AM   
 By:   BornOfAJackal   (Member)

If you didn't get it, you don't deserve it.

'Cause it's excellent on its face. Alex North is not for those who need their dramatics spoon-fed to them.

That's what STAR WARS--as excellent as it sometimes is--is for.

Posted:   Aug 12, 2014 - 10:54 AM   
 By:   Ado   (Member)

I have the Southern Cross numbered CD, and it is a perfectly good version of the score to me.
North can be a challenging composer to listen to at length to me.

Posted:   Aug 12, 2014 - 11:00 AM   

I have the Southern Cross numbered CD, and it is a perfectly good version of the score to me.
North can be a challenging composer to listen to at length to me.

Ado, I must've missed meeting you at the Mondo JURASSIC PARK vinyl "listening party" (Really just a lineup for millennial vinyl-heads, no real classic John Williams fans).

But that SCSE doesn't hold a candle to the Mike Matessino remastered DRAGONSLAYER on La-La Land.

You will regret this oversight when a proper hi-def version of this movie comes out that integrates the cleaned-up music tracks, and you are left holding your head in your hands muttering "Why?...why!?".

Posted:   Aug 12, 2014 - 11:11 AM   
 By:   solium   (Member)

If you didn't get it, you don't deserve it.

'Cause it's excellent on its face. Alex North is not for those who need their dramatics spoon-fed to them.

That's what STAR WARS--as excellent as it sometimes is--is for.

I would say Williams understood how to score a scene. Nothing to do with spoon feeding.

Posted:   Aug 12, 2014 - 11:23 AM   

I would say Williams understood how to score a scene. Nothing to do with spoon feeding.

Was referring more to the overall package than the Williams scores.

Yet when the time for all subtlety has passed, and dazzling brute force is called for, no one has outdone John Williams.