Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Apr 28, 2013 - 2:05 PM   
 By:   The REAL BJBien   (Member)

So I enjoyed the new film and score to EVIL DEAD and would like someone else to own a copy of this work from the fine folks at LALA LAND and Mr. Roque Baños

So here is all you have to do:

1 - Your Screen Name

2 - Why do you want the score? [be it a cue, the film, anything]

3 - [Optional] A picture of your last Lala Land purchase or anything Evil Dead

I do NOT pick these in random order... I read them all or honestly it is whatever catches my fancy so feel free to do anything or nothing; just have some fun.

This will close on MAY 10th

GOOD LUCK!

Posted:   Apr 29, 2013 - 6:11 AM   
 By:   mstrox   (Member)

I already bought the CD, but I just wanted to say this is very generous and deserves a bump smile Everyone who hasn't bought this score already would be well-served to do so, or at least to participate in this.

Posted:   Apr 29, 2013 - 6:38 AM   
 By:   Vermithrax Pejorative   (Member)

"GROOVY!!" wink

Posted:   Apr 29, 2013 - 5:26 PM   
 By:   Maestro Sartori   (Member)

Maestro Sartori

One of the best melodic and spine-tingling horror scores I've heard in years

The last LLL I received was Batman Forever and Home Alone 2 (pics wouldn't attach here for some reason).

Posted:   Apr 29, 2013 - 7:22 PM   
 By:   YOR The Hunter From The Future   (Member)

Angry strong black guy is nice people!

Posted:   May 2, 2013 - 12:43 PM   

Angry strong black guy is nice people!

my avatar is actually Thiago Alves, an Brasilian MMA fighter smile

Posted:   May 2, 2013 - 8:37 PM   
 By:   JeffM   (Member)

1. JeffM

2. I'm a fan of the Evil Dead movies. At first I was dead set against a remake, but after seeing in the preview that they were playing it straight, I figured that the originals would not be tainted. I love the music from the originals and part of the new score seemed to "borrow" the feeling of the LoDuca's score in some scenes (like with the high pitched strings). In other parts, however, Baños strays completely (like with the haunting, chanting choir). I think both scores work for the films they were written for. I'd be honored to own Roque Baños's score along with my Joseph LoDuca CDs.

3. I couldn't decide whether to post a pic of Evil Dead or my most recent LaLaLand purchase so I did both. I had been waiting on Home Alone for too long and with the recent low quantities alert, I decided to bite the bullet.

Thanks The REAL BJBien!

Posted:   May 9, 2013 - 8:37 AM   
 By:   Jonathan   (Member)

1. Jonathan

2. I listened to the samples on the LaLa site when it first came out, I really liked them. I thought: I must get this - looked in my wallet and thought: I must wait...

3. Last I allowed myself to get this gem:

Posted:   May 9, 2013 - 11:01 AM   
 By:   Tobias   (Member)

1, My screen name is my first name: Tobias

2, Back in 2007 I attended a film music festival in Madrid where some famous Hollywood composers where guests along with some spanish composers. Since I was only familiar with the Hollywood composers I did only talk to them and ignored the spanish composers. And now I feel ashamed to have done that so with me getting a soundtrack to a Hollywood movie with music by a spanish composer I do hope it is at least one step in the right direction.

3, Sorry but I have never uploaded a picture on this discussion board before so I have no idea how to do that.

Posted:   May 9, 2013 - 3:46 PM   
 By:   ghp1977   (Member)

1. ghp1977
2. I went to see this movie because of the music reviews. I used to love movies because of the movie itself, of course the soundtrack improved my cinema experience; but in the past few years it's the soundtrack what makes me love a movie or not. I'm not very fond of horror movies, but what Roque Baños' score did to the movie (a mixture of a classic 70s horror movie with his personal signature) made me chill
3. Couldn't upload my photo, but my last La-La Land purchase was The Fury, Mars Attacks & Medal of Honor collection

Thanks for the opportunity!!!

Posted:   May 10, 2013 - 7:08 AM   
 By:   spanosdm   (Member)

1. spanosdm
2. I love thrillers and I love horror scores (I recently adored Mama, both the film and the score). Also, I tend to like anything that comes from Spain: The cities, the food, the language (I am studying it), etc.
3. My last purchase from LaLaLand was this:

Posted:   May 10, 2013 - 7:37 AM   
 By:   SCOREMIX   (Member)

1. My forum name here is SCOREMIX
2. I am very interested in partipating as I love all scores by Roque Banos......he is an extremley
talented spanish film composer who did many scores for spanish european and now international
productions......he is a fantastic composer (I only can recommend his score for La Comunidad)
3. Sorry but I have never uploaded a picture on this discussion board before because I have
not the necessary equipment to take proper fotos but my last purchase of a La-La Land album
was The Shootist/The Sons of Katie Elder

Posted:   May 10, 2013 - 10:06 AM   
 By:   David Kessler   (Member)

1 David Kessler

2 I am an avid fan of the original Evil Dead and its sequels and when I heard of a remake so to speak of the original movie I was very much against it. The first red-banned trailer hit and I went apeshXt and then heard some pieces of the score which sounded great. Tonight, the movie is having its premiere in my country and and would be great to both get to see this movie and win a CD of the score which I only have heard good things about smile
(and this thread was started on my b-day April 28th wink)

3 Last LLLR CD I got was The Challenge

and my Evil Dead collection smile

Posted:   May 11, 2013 - 5:17 AM   

CONTEST CLOSED

WINNER ANNOUNCED SOON!

Posted:   May 11, 2013 - 5:57 AM   
 By:   Francis   (Member)

Love the action figures!

Posted:   May 11, 2013 - 2:37 PM   
 By:   David Kessler   (Member)

Love the action figures!

yes but i forgot to include som of the little ashes with pitchforks to here and i dídn´t dare to get my real necronomicon up in the attic either wink

Posted:   May 12, 2013 - 8:50 AM   

Couldn't choose one so I thought what the hell...

Jonathan and David Kessler

Email me at JohnyMenjivar1010 at Gmail dot Com

Congratulations!

Posted:   May 12, 2013 - 9:02 AM   
 By:   Tobias   (Member)

Couldn't choose one so I thought what the hell...

Jonathan and David Kessler

Email me at JohnyMenjivar1010 at Gmail dot Com

Congratulations!

Congratulations from me too.

Posted:   May 12, 2013 - 9:17 AM   
 By:   Francis   (Member)

Great win & kudos to Real BJBien for organizing this! I once won one of these giveaways but never received anything, courtesy of one "BackToTheFutureFan" (and yes Ford, I did contact him), I'm sure Real BJBien will honor his giveaway though.

Posted:   May 12, 2013 - 11:55 AM   

Great win & kudos to Real BJBien for organizing this! I once won one of these giveaways but never received anything, courtesy of one "BackToTheFutureFan" (and yes Ford, I did contact him), I'm sure Real BJBien will honor his giveaway though.

I've had a good track record so far thank goodness!