Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Jun 2, 2013 - 2:03 PM   
 By:   Uhtred   (Member)

From Film Music Reporter

WaterTower Music will release the third soundtrack album for the HBO hit series Game of Thrones. The album features selections from the score of the show’s third season composed by Ramin Djawadi (Iron Man, Pacific Rim, Person of Interest). Also featured is Kerry Ingram’s It’s Always Summer Under the Sea and The Hold Steady’s The Bear and the Maiden Fair. The soundtrack will be released digitally on June 4, 2013 and is now available for pre-order on Amazon. Check out the (spoiler-heavy) track list and audio clips after the jump. Soundtracks for the first and second season have previously been released on Varese Sarabande. Game of Thrones currently air every Sunday night on HBO. The third season of the show is now also available for pre-order on Blu-ray and DVD. To learn more about the series, visit HBO’s show website.

1. Main Title
2. A Lannister Always Pays His Debts
3. Dracarys
4. I Paid the Iron Price
5. Chaos is a Ladder
6. Dark Wings, Dark Words
7. You Know Nothing
8. Wall of Ice
9. Kingslayer
10. I Have To Go North
11. White Walkers
12. It’s Always Summer Under the Sea – Kerry Ingram
13. Reek
14. The Bear and the Maiden Fair – The Hold Steady
15. The Night is Dark
16. The Lannisters Send Their Regards
17. Heir to Winterfell
18. Mhysa
19. For the Realm

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2013/06/02/game-of-thrones-season-3-soundtrack-details/#more-17840

Posted:   Jun 2, 2013 - 2:34 PM   
 By:   Warunsun   (Member)

http://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-Music-Series-Season/dp/B00D4IFD4I/

I wasn't sure from the article but no physical CD release?

Posted:   Jun 2, 2013 - 3:28 PM   
 By:   John W   (Member)

http://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-Music-Series-Season/dp/B00D4IFD4I/

I wasn't sure from the article but no physical CD release?

It's coming next month.

Posted:   Jun 2, 2013 - 3:44 PM   
 By:   JDH   (Member)

More than anything, I wish they'd make an extended version of the main theme.

Posted:   Jun 2, 2013 - 3:48 PM   
 By:   mastadge   (Member)

More than anything, I wish they'd make an extended version of the main theme.

I wouldn't mind hearing a concert version of the main theme, with some variations or something breaking it up, but as it plays in the show to my ears it's tiresomely repetitive already: by the time the whole minute or two of credits have played out I feel like I've heard the same thing looped too many times already!

Posted:   Jun 2, 2013 - 9:43 PM   
 By:   Lokutus   (Member)

ok, no CD so they can keep that.
Not supporting their crappy CD-Rs either.

Posted:   Jun 3, 2013 - 11:10 AM   
 By:   BillCarson   (Member)

Thankfully Sean Bean is no longer in it, so I can watch series 3 safe in the knowledge his ugly mug and shite acting wont pop up and spoil it.

Sean Bean - the man who has ruined everything he has ever been in, and yet he still gets work...!

Posted:   Jun 3, 2013 - 11:51 AM   
 By:   bdm   (Member)

...Don't even rise to it...

Posted:   Jun 3, 2013 - 12:06 PM   
 By:   Michael24   (Member)

Thankfully Sean Bean is no longer in it, so I can watch series 3 safe in the knowledge his ugly mug and shite acting wont pop up and spoil it.

Sean Bean - the man who has ruined everything he has ever been in, and yet he still gets work...!

Uh, okay. Sean Bean is terrific. I can watch him in just about anything.

Posted:   Jun 3, 2013 - 12:26 PM   
 By:   Mr. Marshall   (Member)

i cant find season 2 in any cd stores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted:   Jun 3, 2013 - 12:43 PM   
 By:   BillCarson   (Member)

Uh, okay. Sean Bean is terrific. I can watch him in just about anything.

Playing a cockney gangster with a Northern Sheffield accent in Essex boys?????!!! That was class.

I like the music to GoT 3 though.

Posted:   Jun 3, 2013 - 12:58 PM   
 By:   Accidental Genius   (Member)

I like the music to GoT 3 though.

Woo hoo! We're back on topic, folks! wink

Posted:   Jun 7, 2013 - 4:15 PM   

Never warmed to the first season's music and never listened to the second, outside the show, but the third is quite good, one of Djawadi's best efforts to date. Highlights include "A Lannister Always Pays His Debts," a great arrangement of the Rains of Castamere tune that serves as the Lannister theme, especially resonant after the events of the latest episode, and "Mhysa," a lovely chorale arrangement of the main theme. And while not a score cue, fun nonetheless is "The Bear and the Maiden Fair," the main lyrics of which have been in my head for years.

Posted:   Jun 7, 2013 - 4:45 PM   
 By:   random guy   (Member)

Mhysa is just killing me. the more I listen to it the more I want sunday to get here

Posted:   Jun 7, 2013 - 5:17 PM   
 By:   foxmorty   (Member)

Mhysa is just killing me. the more I listen to it the more I want sunday to get here

i don't watch the show but it is one helluva track. the big stand out on this album, for sure!

Posted:   Jun 8, 2013 - 11:48 AM   
 By:   johncutler112003   (Member)

i don't watch the show but it is one helluva track. the big stand out on this album, for sure!

You are missing an awesome experience - it is one of the best shows ever made - right up there with Battlestar, The Wire and Breaking Bad.

Mhysa is an awesome track but it does remind me a lot of Lord of the Rings. No surprise really as they are both set in fantasy worlds but Thrones is 100 times better than that hobbit trilogy.

Posted:   Jun 8, 2013 - 12:20 PM   

You are missing an awesome experience - it is one of the best shows ever made - right up there with Battlestar, The Wire and Breaking Bad.

I don't really think it is one of the best shows ever made. Certainly one of the most ambitious, and one of the most compulsively watchable, but to be honest, for me at least, it doesn't really stick around long after I watch it. I think one of the problems might simply be its scope -- there are so many characters that most only get 2-10 minutes of screentime an episode, if they even show up, and some of the ongoing stories are simply not that interesting (I suspect which ones those are depend on the viewer). They are definitely making a valiant effort to adapt the novels, and I do think the show is very good, but it's rarely kicked me in the pants the way, say Deadwood or the first season of the new BSG did.

Posted:   Jun 11, 2013 - 8:35 AM   
 By:   Mike Skerritt   (Member)

For me the score this season was very touch and go. In many of the eps it just felt there, with a meandering, vaguely ethnic quality without any real personality. Which was a step down equal to the step up between S1 and S2 (by far my favorite season musically). But, happily, much like the narrative of S3 itself, the strands were drawn tightly in the final eps and the score really came to life. "Mhysa" in particular opens and ends with two of the best tracks from the series so far. I may yet have to get this album.

Posted:   Jun 11, 2013 - 10:30 AM   
 By:   Jeff Bond   (Member)

The score has been getting better and better and the series is fantastic. I agree it's sometimes challenging to keep track of all the characters but they payoffs of the various plotlines so far have been well worth the effort, and I love the performers (Sean Bean very much included). Definitely my favorite series since HBO's Rome.

Posted:   Jun 12, 2013 - 5:22 PM   
 By:   La La Land Records   (Member)

Anything missing from Season 3 that Watertower should have included?

MV