Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jun 14, 2013 - 5:02 AM   
 By:   KTKomedy2813   (Member)

I just discovered after days of wondering of the score to "This is the End" by Annie Award-winning composer Henry Jackman (Wreck-It Ralph) will be released in any form, the score to that film WILL in fact be released on its own. And I just discovered this through this link:

http://www.soundtrack.net/albums/database/?id=10506

Whoever gets their hands on this album, I will be grateful to you for getting one.

And whoever regularly posts scores up on YouTube, I'd like to hear the score if you get it on YouTube.

Posted:   Jun 14, 2013 - 7:39 AM   
 By:   maximus_rh   (Member)

The link indicates that this is a promo CD, so I wouldn't expect this to get any kind of official release. these things do turn up on ebay occasionally though so I'd keep an eye out there.

Posted:   Jun 17, 2013 - 3:51 PM   
 By:   SBD   (Member)

I saw the film today. I can only imagine that the serviceable noodling that constitutes a lot of Jackman's work (GI Joe, Abe Lincoln, X-Men) is forced on him by higher-ups.

This was a terrific score. He should be allowed to write more music like this. That promo CD might be super-expensive and hard-to-obtain, but it's awesome that it even exists.

Film was pretty good, too.