Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Jun 28, 2013 - 1:04 AM   
 By:   Juanki   (Member)

Hi people!

I recently had the chance to interview Joe Dante and we talked about many things (including his relationship with Jerry Goldsmith and Javier Navarrete). You can check it out here:

http://golfasesion.wordpress.com/2013/06/28/entrevista-a-dante/

(It's in spanish language but you can hear Joe speaking english)

Enjoy!

Posted:   Jun 28, 2013 - 5:59 AM   
 By:   mark ford   (Member)

Thanks Juanki for sharing this interview. I learned a few new things about some of my favorite films and any talk about Jerry from those who knew him always interests me. Nicely done!

Posted:   Jun 28, 2013 - 6:35 AM   
 By:   YOR The Hunter From The Future   (Member)

Very nice!

Thanks!!

Posted:   Jun 28, 2013 - 9:19 AM   
 By:   Morricone   (Member)

Terrific! Thanks.

Posted:   Jun 28, 2013 - 9:52 AM   
 By:   The Mutant   (Member)

Great interview! He seems like a very cool guy.

Posted:   Jun 29, 2013 - 8:17 AM   
 By:   Juanki   (Member)

Thanks for your feedback. Joe Dante is my favourite filmmaker since I was like 14 years old and to make this interview was a dream came true.

He was extremely nice and I guess he was delighful of being asked for not typical questions like Goldsmith and Dick Miller.

Once again, thanks for your replies I hope you have such fun as I had doing the interview smile

Posted:   Jul 3, 2013 - 8:25 PM   
 By:   JoshOz   (Member)

Hi Juanki,
Really enjoyed hearing Joe Dante talk about his movies and particularly the part about Goldsmith and the music for Explorers. I think I became a fan of Dante and Goldsmith even before really knowing who they were, after watching "The 'burbs" and "Explorers" all those years ago. Explorers is still one of my top 5 favourite scores.
Thanks again.