Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Jul 12, 2013 - 9:16 AM   
 By:   mastersofuniverse   (Member)

I was browsing soundcloud, and came across these tracks I thought fellow 80s soundtrack admirers would enjoy these tracks.

https://soundcloud.com/monte-music/monte-together-interlude
https://soundcloud.com/monte-music/monte-together-interlude-part

They kind of sound like mid/late 80s Faltermeyer/Zimmer type tracks.
The "interlude part 3" song kind of sounds like a late 80s version of the Mark Mancina Bad Boys Theme!

and there is also a nice 80s type dance track there also.

https://soundcloud.com/monte-music/monte-you-should-know-original

Very Nice!

Imagine an action movie made today with these type of soundtrack score tracks, they would really bring up movies a notch or ten maybe!

Posted:   Jul 12, 2013 - 9:34 AM   
 By:   Freejack   (Member)

My kind of Music style,,, sounds great.

Posted:   Jul 12, 2013 - 10:39 PM   
 By:   Burk Whittenburg   (Member)

Great stuff, I really miss this sound - thanks for sharing!

Posted:   Jul 12, 2013 - 10:48 PM   
 By:   Michael24   (Member)

Wow! Great find. I love music like that. One of my on-again/off-again projects over the last couple years has been an action/crime drama screenplay, and this is exactly the kind of music I hear in my head when I'm working on it.

Thanks for sharing.

Posted:   Jul 13, 2013 - 1:16 AM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

Love it! Thanks for the headsup.

Posted:   Jul 14, 2013 - 7:02 AM   
 By:   First Breath   (Member)

Great stuff indeed. Like the long lost brother of Days Of Thunder. Very well-produced.

Posted:   Jul 15, 2013 - 12:00 AM   
 By:   gmanca   (Member)

Awesome find, I'm loving the production on this, sounds authentic to the 80's

Part Iii reminds me of the intro to 8 Million Ways To Die, which not only needs to be released on DVD/BluRay but needs it's great 80's score by James Newton Howard to be released.

Posted:   Jul 15, 2013 - 3:47 AM   
 By:   Disco Stu   (Member)

Oooh yeah. I can see Chuck Norris cruising in his beat up 79 Firebird looking for wannabe bad asses to kick back to their rightful place in line: the back of it.

Good stuff, if not original 80s, then my compliments to the chronological Chameleon who created it; if it is original: damn the 80s are so good and so criminally undervalued (although I'm convinced it's mostly envy, if not all).

D.S.

Posted:   Jul 15, 2013 - 1:52 PM   
 By:   Disco Stu   (Member)

I listened to it at work and now at home I had to run back to it and listen to it some more. Damn that is addictive. I wish that Monte Music would release his work on CD. It would be more than a decade that I would have bought a non-soundtrack CD.

D.S.

Posted:   Jul 15, 2013 - 2:17 PM   
 By:   Michael24   (Member)

I wish that Monte Music would release his work on CD.

Agreed. Is it available at all? I think I saw an iTunes link on one of those pages, but couldn't find any of his music there. I'd buy an album of this work in a heartbeat.

On a side note, I love Code of Silence. A shame we'll never get it expanded on CD since the tapes are missing. At the very least, I'd take a straight reissue of the LP program on CD.

Posted:   Jul 15, 2013 - 9:28 PM   
 By:   SunSword   (Member)

LOVE it! Man it makes me wish I could time travel back and just live in the 80s again.

Posted:   Aug 11, 2013 - 10:11 PM   
 By:   MonteMusik   (Member)

Good stuff, if not original 80s, then my compliments to the chronological Chameleon who created it; if it is original: damn the 80s are so good and so criminally undervalued (although I'm convinced it's mostly envy, if not all).

D.S.

It´s all original, i wrote both pieces myself, produced and mixed it. I got even a short " making of " story on my FB page. I´m a big fan of that sound so i tried to stay true to every detail.

Posted:   Aug 12, 2013 - 7:09 AM   
 By:   1980's Soundtrack Whore   (Member)

And stay true you did, good sir. Fantastic work. Will these ever be available on cd or download?

The 80's were easily the best decade for music and scores, are you working on any new material?

Posted:   Aug 12, 2013 - 11:17 AM   

And stay true you did, good sir. Fantastic work. Will these ever be available on cd or download?

The 80's were easily the best decade for music and scores, are you working on any new material?

Thank u !
I´m working on part II right now which will connect the previous 2. All 3 parts will be released as 1 big suite available this winter. We might press Vinyl as well. Just check my FB / SC page for any updates on this. Part II will be more "cinematic", longest piece of all.

Posted:   Aug 12, 2013 - 2:40 PM   
 By:   Octoberman   (Member)

I am really digging this. Thank you, MM.

Damn, I friggin' love 80's music. smile

Posted:   Aug 12, 2013 - 10:15 PM   
 By:   Jim Bailey   (Member)

Thank u !
I´m working on part II right now which will connect the previous 2. All 3 parts will be released as 1 big suite available this winter. We might press Vinyl as well. Just check my FB / SC page for any updates on this. Part II will be more "cinematic", longest piece of all.

Awesome! I'm looking forward to part II as well as the suite. 80's music is the best!

Posted:   Aug 13, 2013 - 9:04 AM   
 By:   lp   (Member)

Thank u !

Are you planning an album of your various pieces? I would love to buy a copy.

Posted:   Aug 15, 2013 - 11:42 AM   
 By:   First Breath   (Member)

D.S.

It´s all original, i wrote both pieces myself, produced and mixed it. I got even a short " making of " story on my FB page. I´m a big fan of that sound so i tried to stay true to every detail.

Welcome to the forum. Good to see another guy with good taste in music. ;-)

Posted:   Aug 16, 2013 - 3:37 PM   

Welcome to the forum. Good to see another guy with good taste in music. ;-)

Hi, nice to hear that ;-) !

Posted:   Aug 16, 2013 - 3:37 PM   

Are you planning an album of your various pieces? I would love to buy a copy.

For now i´m´more than happy to finish Part II. I would really love to do an Album cause there is so much to tell. We´ll see....