Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jul 13, 2013 - 8:56 PM   
 By:   LoungeLaura   (Member)

My Dearest,

I'm a big fan of everything you've done, from the outer space record with Harry Revel, to the soundtrack of Beyond the Valley of the Dolls.

And in between.

As a lifelong Monkees fan, I'm happy to have obtained all of the Missing Links volumes, DVD box sets, deluxe album reissues, etc., in addition to having the original LPs.

HOWEVER...

I am not the only Monkees fan who DEMANDS the incidental music from the TV programme on CD.

What are the odds?

All my admiration,

Lounge Laura

P.S. Please release "Music from Out of Space" also.

Posted:   Jul 14, 2013 - 11:28 AM   

bump.

Posted:   Jul 14, 2013 - 11:39 AM   
 By:   dan the man   (Member)

Stu has always given us good stuff. I thought RUN ANGEL RUN by TAMMY WYNETTE was one of the greatest country songs I have heard, such emotion. I also thought his theme song from BUCK ROGERS-79- was a great melodic emotional number.

Posted:   Jul 14, 2013 - 11:43 AM   
 By:   Jehannum   (Member)

Put me down for one of those.

I bought my mom The Monkees DVD box set. I didn't even know Stu had done the music. I was watching the pirates episode and loved the underscore. Had to check out who the composer was and was floored that it was one of my favourites: Stu Phillips.

Posted:   Jul 14, 2013 - 12:55 PM   
 By:   OnyaBirri   (Member)

Several years ago I e-mailed Stu Phillips about the "Music from Out of Space" album and he suggested that the masters are/were missing. If that's still the case, I would buy a CD mastered from a clean LP.

And yes, I love the Monkees underscore also. I always loved the main theme bumper that was played just after the first commercial break, at the start of each episode.

Posted:   Jul 14, 2013 - 4:14 PM   

Several years ago I e-mailed Stu Phillips about the "Music from Out of Space" album and he suggested that the masters are/were missing. If that's still the case, I would buy a CD mastered from a clean LP.

And yes, I love the Monkees underscore also. I always loved the main theme bumper that was played just after the first commercial break, at the start of each episode.

You rock, Onya Birri! We should get together for a Monkees/Beyond the Valley dance party!