Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Jul 25, 2013 - 3:23 PM   
 By:   welwynfilmstudios   (Member)

Independent U.S. distributors Shout Factory and UK distributors ITV Studios Global Entertainment (ITVS GE) have teamed up to bring a number of classic films to North America. Many of the films covered by the new agreement the two distributors signed have never before been released on DVD or Blu-ray.

ITV's library includes such films as The Tamarind Seed, Capricorn One, The Cassandra Crossing, Brief Encounter, Saturn 3, The Merchant of Venice, Voyage of the Damned and The Boys from Brazil, and On Golden Pond.

"We are excited about this new opportunity with ITV Studios Global Entertainment. Many of these iconic films have been unavailable or long out-of-print in the home entertainment marketplace. We look forward to bring these cinematic treasures back to their original luster and present these films to movie fans and collectors on digital entertainment platforms as well as at retail," said Shout Factory's founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos.

"ITVS GE's catalogue boasts some internationally acclaimed films, and this deal with Shout Factory will give U.S. and Canadian consumers the opportunity to view some of these cinematic classics across physical and digital platforms." said Carol Lee, SVP Home Entertainment Americas for ITVS GE.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=11751

Posted:   Jul 25, 2013 - 3:35 PM   
 By:   David Sones (Allardyce)   (Member)

Very exciting news! Shout Factory continues to amaze us!

Posted:   Aug 12, 2013 - 3:16 PM   

Scream Factory, the horror-thriller offshoot of independent film distributor Shout Factory, has revealed that it plans to release a combo pack edition of director Stanley Donen's classic sci-fi thriller Saturn 3 (1980), starring Farrah Fawcett, Kirk Douglas, and Harvey Keitel. The release is expected to arrive on the market in December.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=11888

Posted:   Aug 12, 2013 - 3:17 PM   

deleted.

Posted:   Aug 12, 2013 - 3:31 PM   
 By:   Bob DiMucci   (Member)

I see that Amazon has a pre-order up for a Shout Factory double feature DVD with Charles Bronson's LOVE AND BULLETS (1979) and George Segal's RUSSIAN ROULETTE (1975). These are two ITC films I've been waiting a long time to see.

I've also been waiting for FIREPOWER (1979), the Michael Winner-directed thriller with Sophia Loren and James Coburn.

And a widescreen version of RAISE THE TITANIC (1980). Used copies of the pan-and-scan version are selling for $30.

And Charles Bronson's BORDERLINE (1980).

Posted:   Aug 12, 2013 - 3:57 PM   
 By:   Bob DiMucci   (Member)

I wonder if this deal replaces the one ITV had with Lionsgate that brought us that crappy pan-and-scan version of THE LEGEND OF THE LONE RANGER?

We could also use widescreen upgrades of Robert Mitchum's two Philip Marlowe films--FAREWELL MY LOVELY and THE BIG SLEEP.

Posted:   Aug 12, 2013 - 5:28 PM   
 By:   Eugene Iemola   (Member)

I've also been waiting for FIREPOWER (1979), the Michael Winner-directed thriller with Sophia Loren and James Coburn.

YES!

. . .if only.

Posted:   Oct 3, 2013 - 7:33 PM   

Scream Factory, the horror-thriller offshoot of independent film distributor Shout Factory, has detailed its upcoming combo pack edition of director Stanley Donen's classic sci-fi thriller Saturn 3 (1980), starring Farrah Fawcett, Kirk Douglas, and Harvey Keitel. The release will arrive on the U.S. market on December 3rd.

Special Features: •All-New high-definition transfer of the film
•Audio Commentary by Greg Moss (Saturn 3 Fan site) and film critic David Bradley
•Interviews with Academy Award winning Special Effects artist Colin Chilvers and actor Roy Dotrice
•Deleted Scene
•Additional scenes from the network television version
•Theatrical Trailer
•TV Spots
•Stills Gallery

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=12308