Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Aug 12, 2013 - 11:35 AM   
 By:   DavidinBerkeley   (Member)

I learned I'm vitamin D deficient, and while I have no problem talking off my shirt outdoors, I'm not going to do it in the freezing Berkeley air before 10 a.m. and after 4 p.m.

So I have to supplement my diet somehow, and after research with government medical resources, I'm NOT going to

--Chow down on more oily fish (at $20 a pound!)
--Drink more dairy (I only drink soy milk).
--Carry 3 times more D-fortified soy milk home.

I'm going the old-fashioned route and taking up cod liver oil.

Welcome to 1935, folks!

And me being me, I'm going for the most off-putting form: undistilled & fermented. Mmmmm! smile

Posted:   Aug 12, 2013 - 11:55 AM   
 By:   Octoberman   (Member)

What kinds of fish do you normally eat?

(I'm curious. I am not a huge fish fan, but there are certain times I love it--but only specific fish.)

Posted:   Aug 13, 2013 - 3:13 PM   

What kinds of fish do you normally eat?

(I'm curious. I am not a huge fish fan, but there are certain times I love it--but only specific fish.)

At the prices they are in the fish counter at the market, I normally don't (except canned tuna once in a while).

Also, it always stinks up the joint when I cook it!

When I used to go to a fish restaurant, I remember liking shark. What's your kind o' fish, Ock-man?

Posted:   Aug 14, 2013 - 1:41 PM   
 By:   Octoberman   (Member)

What I usually do is grab some of whatever is on sale at the grocers. Frozen stuff like tilapia or haddock. When I cook it I don't get too fancy. I don't have the kitchen competence to get fancy!

I pan fry it with butter, salt, some pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice and away I go. My son ain't too crazy about it but he knows if he turns his nose up at it then he'll have to cook for himself. LOL

During summers at the lake I can go a whole week on tuna sandwiched. Love it.

But that's just about all the seafood I can take. Maybe some mussels once in a blue moon.

Taking cod liver oil... man, you've got way more determination than me! That would be like daily doses of Buckley's cough medicine.

Posted:   Aug 17, 2013 - 3:40 PM   

Taking cod liver oil... man, you've got way more determination than me! That would be like daily doses of Buckley's cough medicine.

Yeah, it's an acquired taste.

And I haven't acquired it yet.