User Profile

BossaNova2JazzSingers 

Sex: male
View Threads With Posts by This User
Favorite Score(s):    John Barry - Goldfinger, You Only Live Twice, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Midnight Cowboy, From Russia With Love, The Ipcress File, The Knack, Thunderball, Diamonds Are Forever, The Living Daylights, Somewhere In Time, High Road To China, more / Ennio Morricone - A Fistful Of Dollars, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly, For A Few Dollars More, Once Upon A Time In The West, The Big Gundown, more / Michel Legrand - Summer of '42, The Thomas Crown Affair, The Umbrellas of Cherbourg, more / Richard Rodney Bennett - Billion Dollar Brain, Yanks, Return Of The Soldier, more / Henry Mancini - Charade, Days Of Wine & Roses, more / Miscellaneous - Duel At Diablo, Taxi Driver, North By Northwest, Rocky, The Magnificent Seven, Our Man Flint/In Like Flint, A Hard Day's Night, Help!, The Graduate, The Sound of Music, more
 Favorite Composer(s):    John Barry, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Richard Rodney Bennett, Michel Legrand, Henry Mancini, Ennio Morricone, Bernard Herrmann / Non-Films - Antonio Carlos Jobim, Alec Wilder, Jerome Kern, Irving Berlin, George Gershwin, Richard Rogers, Cole Porter, Harold Arlen, Arthur Schwartz, Cy Coleman and other great craftsmen of Tin Pan Alley, Claus Ogerman, Stephen Sondheim
Interests:    Listening to great songs - melodies & words whether from eras of "The GREAT American Songbook" or AM-Radio Top 40 Rock & Roll hits of the 1950's-60's - particularly British Invasion (Beatles etc.) & Motown. / Singers: (particular favorite albums) Mark Murphy - 'Sings Mostly Dorothy Fields & Cy Coleman,' 'Stolen Moments,' “Rah' / Carmen McRae - 'The Great American Songbook,' 'Live At Bubba's' / Anita Ellis - 'A Legend Sings' / Frank Sinatra - 'Francis Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim,' 'A Man And His Music - The Collection' DVD / Tony Bennett - 'Tony Makes it Happen!,' 'Songs For The Jet Set,' 'I Gotta Be Me' / Marlene Verplanck – 'You'd Better Love Me” / Jackie Cain - 'So Many Stars' / 1960's Bossa Nova: Sergio Mendes & Brazil '66, Tamba Trio, Tamba 4, Marcos Valle / Jazz: Bill Evans 'Plays From Left to Right.' / Trying to catch up to old films (never seen) - ALWAYS preferably on the BIG screen, especially at NYC's Film Forum Theater and (the restored, grand) Jersey City's Loew's Jersey / Miscellaneous: Film Noir / You Tube (A Time Machine!) / 1960's Vintage TV - 'Naked City,' 'Mission: Impossible,' 'The Wild, Wild West,' 'Batman,' 'Twilight Zone,' 'Star Trek,' more / Playing 4-wall and 1-wall Handball / NYC Sports Teams: Yankees, Mets, Knicks / Bruce Lee / Early Toho Godzilla era films / 1960's Marvel Comics featuring Jack Kirby [THE Greatest Artist Ever!] / 1950's-60's AM Radio – (R.I.P.) WMCA "Good Guys" & WABC "The All Americans" rock & roll D.J.'s and WNEW & WQEW [middle-of-the-road] music / NYC Nostalgia 1950s-60's.
About Me:    Baby Boomer, lucky son of post World War II very hard working immigrants - through their selfless sacrifices I've enjoyed and still living the American dream of stability, entertainment and recreation.