Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Jul 18, 2021 - 10:14 AM   
 By:   Totoro   (Member)

A new one:

Posted:   Jul 18, 2021 - 10:25 AM   
 By:   jfallon   (Member)

So for someone who is hesitant to triple dip how is the 4 plus minutes of extra music? Worth the upgrade or more of the same?

Posted:   Jul 18, 2021 - 10:35 AM   

So for someone who is hesitant to triple dip how is the 4 plus minutes of extra music? Worth the upgrade or more of the same?

Yes.

Posted:   Jul 18, 2021 - 10:50 AM   

Back Cover:

Posted:   Jul 18, 2021 - 12:01 PM   
 By:   Adam.   (Member)

It's negligible to be honest. If you have the LLL edition and are satisfied with the sound quality then there's no reason to get this new Intrada edition. (sorry Intrada. not trying to hurt your sales!)

Posted:   Jul 18, 2021 - 12:35 PM   

It's negligible to be honest. If you have the LLL edition and are satisfied with the sound quality then there's no reason to get this new Intrada edition. (sorry Intrada. not trying to hurt your sales!)

Thanks Adam. When one has been collecting for 40 years these numerous expanded remastered reissues get expensive.

Posted:   Jul 18, 2021 - 1:39 PM   
 By:   Yavar Moradi   (Member)

David Lichty is hard at work editing a Goldsmith Odyssey Soundtrack Spotlight on this, and I’m sure he’ll include samples of the three tracks with previously unreleased music, if people want to hear what that’s like before purchasing…

Yavar

Posted:   Jul 18, 2021 - 2:53 PM   

David Lichty is hard at work editing a Goldsmith Odyssey Soundtrack Spotlight on this, and I’m sure he’ll include samples of the three tracks with previously unreleased music, if people want to hear what that’s like before purchasing…

Yavar

Cool thanks Yavar.

Posted:   Jul 19, 2021 - 4:39 PM   
 By:   Sean Nethery   (Member)

My take is that this sounds a LOT better! And I always thought it sounded great.

It just packs a punch beyond anything I've heard before, and I've heard this so much, I anticipate what comes next.

And a lot of details I don't recall. And of course the new tracks, just hearing those for the first time.

Plus, great booklet - Doug Fake tells a cool story of how the original album came to be.

So glad I triple (well, quadruple since I had the original cassette and CD) dipped.

Posted:   Jul 19, 2021 - 5:20 PM   
 By:   MRAUDIO   (Member)

My take is that this sounds a LOT better! And I always thought it sounded great.

It just packs a punch beyond anything I've heard before, and I've heard this so much, I anticipate what comes next.

And a lot of details I don't recall. And of course the new tracks, just hearing those for the first time.

Plus, great booklet - Doug Fake tells a cool story of how the original album came to be.

So glad I triple (well, quadruple since I had the original cassette and CD) dipped.

I received my copy today. The booklet is indeed a great read. I also love the artwork.

Looking forward to hearing it:-)

Posted:   Jul 20, 2021 - 2:03 AM   
 By:   Amer Zahid   (Member)

Yavar

You guys need to catch up..Fast big grin

Posted:   Jul 20, 2021 - 2:43 AM   
 By:   Nicolai P. Zwar   (Member)

A new one:

That's a cool alternate cover... makes me want to watch the movie again. I'm a sucker for movies with gravelly whisky voiced tough guys in bloody shoot-outs.

Posted:   Jul 20, 2021 - 8:41 AM   
 By:   Advise & Consent   (Member)

@ Nicolai P. Zwar: underrated gem, IMNSHO.

Posted:   Jul 20, 2021 - 9:08 AM   

I find almost unbereable to watch this movie because of this tight shirt that Nolte uses buttoned up to his neck on that extreme heat of the desert!

That's me watching Extreme Prejudice:

Posted:   Jul 20, 2021 - 9:18 AM   
 By:   Ray1992   (Member)

I find almost unbereable to watch this movie because of this tight shirt that Nolte uses buttoned up to his neck on that extreme heat of the desert!

That's me watching Extreme Prejudice:

I was also wildly annoyed by this moment! big grin

Posted:   Jul 20, 2021 - 5:29 PM   
 By:   henry   (Member)

My copy just arrived!

Posted:   Jul 21, 2021 - 5:07 PM   

My copy just arrived!

Multiple thumbs up, you lucky feller. smile

Posted:   Jul 22, 2021 - 11:21 AM   
 By:   The Mutant   (Member)

Just got mine and immediately noticed the improved sound. Gonna get to work on restoring
“The Plan” and the trailer.

Really digging the new cues, especially “A Nice Fellow”

Posted:   Jul 22, 2021 - 11:27 AM   

Just got mine and immediately noticed the improved sound. Gonna get to work on restoring
“The Plan” and the trailer.

Multiple thumbs up.

Posted:   Jul 22, 2021 - 10:21 PM   
 By:   lonzoe1   (Member)

Guess they couldn't use Maria Conchita Alonso's likeness for that poster because her face is covered.

I stand corrected.