Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Oct 6, 2023 - 3:10 PM   
 By:   Yavar Moradi   (Member)

Off to a great start already thanks to 43 backers! I wonder who will be 44 and push the campaign past the $2,000 mark...

Yavar

Posted:   Oct 6, 2023 - 3:53 PM   
 By:   .   (Member)

Waste of time. spent every day for a week and all I get at the link is a photo of a recording console with an empty white panel.
After that, I switched from using Safari to Chrome today. That worked insofar as it got me to the PayPal part, which then won't accept my password and says I canceled the purchase. Given up.

Posted:   Oct 7, 2023 - 2:34 AM   
 By:   CindyLover   (Member)

£1,849
pledged of £4,700 goal
backers
days to go

Posted:   Oct 7, 2023 - 3:58 AM   
 By:   Bill Carson, Earl of Poncey   (Member)

Whoa! Exactly the same as my own ranking! (To be clear, the distance between each score in my ranking is not particularly big… they’re all good.)

Yavar

smile
Same here... especially first three places.
It is possible Hitler might get even higher on my list with more plays while nr. 4-5 are pretty much set.

Not a film title I'd shorten ! Lol.

Posted:   Oct 8, 2023 - 10:10 AM   

£2,838 pledged of £4,700 goal
65 backers
28 days to go!

Yavar

Posted:   Oct 8, 2023 - 6:07 PM   
 By:   jkruppa   (Member)

Glad to see this is humming along very nicely. I will add myself to the chorus of voices who are happy that something like this series is happening. Just brilliant.

Posted:   Oct 9, 2023 - 7:57 AM   

£3,045
pledged of £4,700 goal
backers
days to go

Posted:   Oct 9, 2023 - 12:31 PM   

£3,072
pledged of £4,700 goal
backers
days to go...

Posted:   Oct 10, 2023 - 12:43 AM   
 By:   fommes   (Member)

Is there any date yet for the new recording session?

Posted:   Oct 10, 2023 - 2:30 AM   
 By:   LeighPhillips   (Member)

Is there any date yet for the new recording session?

Provided the campaign meets its target, the session should be sometime in mid-Dec (or early January, depending on the studio calendar).

The aim is to get EPs out to backers by the end of January/early February.

A huge thank you, to everyone who has contributed so far! The continued support and enthusiasm is greatly appreciated! smile

Posted:   Oct 10, 2023 - 4:04 AM   
 By:   Hurdy Gurdy   (Member)

Sorry...I haven't kept on top of this thread/endeavour (I imagine, being Goldsmith, it will meet its targets and whatnot) but a quick question.

Will these scores be available to buy as a single (or double?) CD set in the near future (obviously once all the backers have had their perks/deals etc)?

Asking for a friend wink

Posted:   Oct 10, 2023 - 5:12 AM   
 By:   TerraEpon   (Member)

Will these scores be available to buy as a single (or double?) CD set in the near future (obviously once all the backers have had their perks/deals etc)?

The seven scores should take up around 63 minutes, so absolutely one CD.

Posted:   Oct 10, 2023 - 6:06 AM   

It’ll be more like 70 minutes or possibly a little over. “My Dark Days” is the most sparsely scored, but it’s also a two-parter so it’s cumulatively the longest of the seven scores (close to 14 min on its own). The five scores that have been recorded so far already total almost 46 minutes of music, and “The Committeeman” should be around 10 minutes.

I think that if these seven scores (including one two parter) weren’t already around 70 minutes of music total, Leigh would actually have tackled the western “Mister Doc” in this Kickstarter series as well. While written by Jerry as a series pilot score in early 1961, the series wasn’t sold and the sole episode was folded into the final season of GE Theater as one of the very last episodes in 1962. But since it was a series pilot score it had a bit bigger budget and orchestra than typical for GE Theater, and is also longer than usual (think how the half hour western pilot Prudence and the Chief got 15 minutes of score) so in this case it would (barely) require an eventual Goldsmith @ GE Theater CD release to be two discs rather than one. So the plan is to save it for a future project.

Yavar

Posted:   Oct 11, 2023 - 10:29 AM   

£3,483 pledged of £4,700 goal
86 backers
Over 74% funded, with 25 days to go!

Leigh's first campaign ended with 154 backers. His second ended with 132 backers (probably because it was run during the holidays). I wonder how many people will sign onto this campaign before the end...

Yavar

Posted:   Oct 11, 2023 - 11:15 AM   

74% funded! smile

For anyone who’s less familiar with the “GE Theater” projects, please do check out these lovely production reports (from the Goldsmith Odyssey) detailing the creation of the previous five EPs

https://goldsmithodyssey.buzzsprout.com/159614/10957890

https://goldsmithodyssey.buzzsprout.com/159614/12559309

https://goldsmithodyssey.buzzsprout.com/159614/13692226

The latest (and final) Kickstarter can be found here: http://kck.st/3FbnHze

Posted:   Oct 12, 2023 - 1:33 PM   

85%!!

We’re soooo close; less than £700 needed to get the project across the line!

Huge thanks to everyone who has contributed, so far! There's still plenty of time to join the campaign, so please keep spreading the word smile

http://kck.st/3FbnHze

Posted:   Oct 12, 2023 - 2:15 PM   
 By:   Mathew   (Member)

Just supported the project via Kickstarter. Looking foward to more awesome Goldsmith music.

Posted:   Oct 13, 2023 - 12:08 PM   
 By:   RonBurbella   (Member)

Just signed up - total is up to 4,641 pounds for a 4,700 pounds goal.
Only 59 pounds to go to reach the goal.
Who will put us over the top?

Ron Burbella

Posted:   Oct 13, 2023 - 12:13 PM   

Backer 102 did! (I'm guessing you were 101, Ron?) 10 pounds over goal, now.

Yavar

Posted:   Oct 13, 2023 - 12:14 PM   

100%!!

A massive thank you to everyone, for your continued support and enthusiasm!

For the undecided there's still time to join the campaign, so let's keep the Goldsmith Anthology project rolling!! smile

http://kck.st/3FbnHze