Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Feb 2, 2017 - 5:24 PM   
 By:   Uhtred   (Member)

Four CDs and four composers on the Voyager set. If that means an entire CD of David Bell music, I'm going to turn cartwheels!

Posted:   Feb 2, 2017 - 8:45 PM   
 By:   JB Fan   (Member)

Another JL album! COOL & THANKS, LLL!!!

Posted:   Feb 2, 2017 - 8:53 PM   
 By:   jb1234   (Member)

Four CDs and four composers on the Voyager set. If that means an entire CD of David Bell music, I'm going to turn cartwheels!

It's more likely they'll do what they did with the DS9 set, where Disc 3 was split between Bell/Baillargeon and Disc 4 contains larger excerpts from scores (I'm betting "Scorpion" and "Endgame", maybe "Year of Hell").

Posted:   Feb 2, 2017 - 9:16 PM   
 By:   Trent B   (Member)

Here's hoping music from Year Of Hell and Scorpion and End Game is on there. smile

Gonna be interesting to see the track list. Great timing too because I get paid the day before this comes out.

Posted:   Feb 2, 2017 - 9:29 PM   
 By:   Nicholas_DW   (Member)

Ooh! How sneaky of the LLL monkey to leave this announcement on Twitter but not on face book! wink

Oh, it's sure on Facebook. That's where I found out. I'm thrilled to finally be seeing Voyager. I hope it has a lot of music from Scorpion on it. I've had those motifs embedded in my head for over twenty years now. I really hope the teaser from part 2 is included too. That closing phrase from it had me hooked when it first aired. I haven't seen the episode in over a decade as I can't stand Voyager anymore, but damn do I love this score.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! VOYAGER IS COMING!

Posted:   Feb 3, 2017 - 8:39 PM   
 By:   JThree   (Member)

Somehow I think Justice League Dark is a bit too . . . dark for my tastes. I'm really hoping that La La Land will do a Teen Titans (series) soundtrack.

I really wasn't too impressed with the music for Voyager. What episodes had the best suites? Just asking.---jthree

Posted:   Feb 4, 2017 - 12:31 AM   

I really wasn't too impressed with the music for Voyager. What episodes had the best suites? Just asking.---jthree

It's been a while. Off the top of my head: Scorpion, Dark Frontier, and Endgame.

Posted:   Feb 4, 2017 - 1:33 AM   
 By:   CindyLover   (Member)

"Endgame" is a pretty safe bet, what it being from the final episode and an Emmy-winner...

Posted:   Feb 4, 2017 - 1:54 AM   

It's been a while. Off the top of my head: Scorpion, Dark Frontier, and Endgame.

Also, Night and Equinox had pretty solid scores. I think Chattaway did a lot of his best work on Voyager.

Posted:   Feb 4, 2017 - 2:42 AM   
 By:   litefoot   (Member)

Would love to see a picture of your Levy Shrine. He-man gets lots of play from me too, along with Ulysses 31 (35th Anniversary Album), and Inspector Gadget (Tele 80 30th).

Posted:   Feb 4, 2017 - 9:39 AM   
 By:   jwb   (Member)

Here's hoping music from Year Of Hell and Scorpion and End Game is on there. smile

Gonna be interesting to see the track list. Great timing too because I get paid the day before this comes out.

Most definitely Scorpion would be. It would be absurd if it wasn't. I'd like this think they would be covering a lot of the popular scores/episodes in this set, because it might be the only Voyager set, as it wasn't as popular a show.

Posted:   Feb 4, 2017 - 10:00 AM   

Most definitely Scorpion would be. It would be absurd if it wasn't. I'd like this think they would be covering a lot of the popular scores/episodes in this set, because it might be the only Voyager set, as it wasn't as popular a show.

Yeah, I'd be in absolute shock if Scorpion wasn't on there. It's about as requested as DS9's Call to Arms was and that score got all its highlights released.

(Both were written around the same time, actually.)

Posted:   Feb 4, 2017 - 12:20 PM   
 By:   ShadowStar   (Member)

Lukas Kendall confirmed in a post on 25th November 2016 that there will be two 4-CD Voyager sets (check the link below). smile Though obviously volume 1 will still have to sell well.

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&pageID=2&threadID=117628&archive=0

Posted:   Feb 4, 2017 - 12:30 PM   
 By:   litefoot   (Member)

Lukas Kendall confirmed in a post on 25th November 2016 that there will be two 4-CD Voyager sets (check the link below). smile Though obviously volume 1 will still have to sell well.

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&pageID=2&threadID=117628&archive=0

That's page 2 - his quote is on page 1

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?pageID=1&forumID=1&threadID=117628&archive=0

Posted:   Feb 4, 2017 - 7:10 PM   
 By:   La La Land Records   (Member)

We'll be sending over the track listing to post on one of the Trek Websites soon.

In the meantime, our plan over the next 18 months for Trek is as follows:

DS9 Volume 2 - 3rd qtr 2017

Voyager Volume 2 - 1st qtr 2018

Unknown Trek Collection featuring:

Disc 1 - TNG - leftovers
Disc 2 - DS9 - leftovers
Disc 3 - Voyager - leftovers
Disc 4 - Enterprise - leftovers

Probably by Summer 2018 we will be saying our final goodbye to Trek. I think roughly after 9 cds from each series we will have covered just about all the amazing music from this incredible Universe...unless we decide to do something crazy like Season by Season Box sets! lol

LLAP,
MV

Posted:   Feb 4, 2017 - 7:18 PM   
 By:   SchiffyM   (Member)

What? No "Star Trek: Discovery"? I love those scores!

Posted:   Feb 4, 2017 - 8:39 PM   
 By:   La La Land Records   (Member)

What? No "Star Trek: Discovery"? I love those scores!

Well, I'd be lyin if I said we aren't trying to get it.

Fingers crossed!

Posted:   Feb 4, 2017 - 8:43 PM   
 By:   foxmorty   (Member)

We'll be sending over the track listing to post on one of the Trek Websites soon.

Disc 1 - TNG - leftovers
Disc 2 - DS9 - leftovers

Probably by Summer 2018 we will be saying our final goodbye to Trek. I think roughly after 9 cds from each series we will have covered just about all the amazing music from this incredible Universe...unless we decide to do something crazy like Season by Season Box sets! lol

LLAP,
MV

i appreciate all these releases and the abundant amount still to come. when the CD spigot finally goes dry i don't think anyone will be able to say that Star Trek, as a franchise was not well covered on CD. It may be the most well covered out there.

That is until X-Files Volume 4 and on...

Posted:   Feb 4, 2017 - 10:11 PM   
 By:   JThree   (Member)

Dear La La Land:

Is there any way you can give some clues to some non Star Trek releases that may be coming out in the months ahead? Something to give us something to look forward. Right now, it's an awfully dry period of time for release news. ----jthree

Posted:   Feb 5, 2017 - 12:48 AM   

Disc 1 - TNG - leftovers
Disc 2 - DS9 - leftovers

LLAP,
MV

Holy underwear! I already had to install a new wall shelf just for Star Trek scores. Looks like it's going to be very, very useful.

Thank you so very much. I've been wanting this stuff since I was a kid. I never thought it would actually happen. You're the best.