Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jan 24, 2016 - 7:13 AM   
 By:   Smitty   (Member)

There is enough pointless reissues already... better focus on something new for a change.

I look forward to seeing your similar comments on the "Take a Hard Ride" thread! big grin

Lokutus is usually an equal opportunity loud mouth on this (re)issue, which I somewhat respect. I don’t want to see his semi-happiness of receiving 150 CDs a month interrupted.

Posted:   Jan 24, 2016 - 11:26 AM   
 By:   'Lenny Bruce' Marshall   (Member)

Impeccable taste, Mr X

you can't help yourself, can you TG?

brm

Posted:   Jan 24, 2016 - 11:52 AM   
 By:   Tall Guy   (Member)

Impeccable taste, Mr X

brm

No. And why should I?

smile

Posted:   Jan 24, 2016 - 12:02 PM   
 By:   'Lenny Bruce' Marshall   (Member)

Impeccable taste, Mr X

brm

No. And why should I?

smile

so, i guess you can't wait for the 12 HOUR 'DIRECTOR'S CUT" release later this century
brm

Posted:   Jan 24, 2016 - 12:11 PM   
 By:   Tall Guy   (Member)

so, i guess you can't wait for the 12 HOUR 'DIRECTOR'S CUT" release later this century
brm

Nope - if I thought you were serious I'd be with child to see it.

Posted:   Mar 18, 2017 - 7:32 PM   
 By:   Spymaster   (Member)

Listening to this right now, the special edition, which sounds glorious. But yes, as I noted way long ago, there is indeed a small glitch about 45 seconds into track 5. I have the UK Restless edition. I don't suppose this was fixed on later pressings...?

Posted:   Mar 19, 2017 - 7:56 AM   
 By:   Nicolai P. Zwar   (Member)

It's one of my favorite movies and favorite scores, but the expanded edition is already very good, I'm not in the market for another release. Also, I tend to very much prefer lenthier segueing cues (if it makes sense musically) over many short cues.

Posted:   Mar 20, 2017 - 7:05 AM   
 By:   brofax   (Member)

Listening to this right now, the special edition, which sounds glorious. But yes, as I noted way long ago, there is indeed a small glitch about 45 seconds into track 5. I have the UK Restless edition. I don't suppose this was fixed on later pressings...?

I have that edition, too. I have just checked again a few times but there is no glitch on that track that I can hear.

Posted:   Mar 20, 2017 - 4:28 PM   
 By:   JC   (Member)

there is indeed a small glitch about 45 seconds into track 5

I can confirm the glitch for the pressing Restless Rykodisc REST73767.

Posted:   Jul 26, 2020 - 6:03 AM   
 By:   WillGoldNewtonBarryGrusin   (Member)

Listening to this again after a long hiatus... and it‘s still a true masterpiece.

Posted:   Jul 26, 2020 - 6:10 AM   
 By:   Big X   (Member)

Listening to this again after a long hiatus... and it‘s still a true masterpiece.

Someone who does not have this, I am really envious!

Posted:   Jul 27, 2020 - 3:50 AM   
 By:   WillGoldNewtonBarryGrusin   (Member)

Since the CD seems to only be sold for ridiculously high prices now (re-release, please!) you can at least enjoy it on YouTube.

Posted:   Jul 27, 2020 - 4:14 AM   
 By:   odelayy   (Member)

Since the CD seems to only be sold for ridiculously high prices now (re-release, please!) you can at least enjoy it on YouTube.

Or in the Universal 18 CD box set which contains the 19 track extended release of the film. Ok it's expensive too, But the price is nonetheless logic since you have 400 tracks, and it's a purchase you will never regret even if you already have some of them.

Posted:   Jul 27, 2020 - 4:30 AM   

Or in the Universal 18 CD box set which contains the 19 track extended release of the film. Ok it's expensive too, But the price is nonetheless logic since you have 400 tracks, and it's a purchase you will never regret even if you already have some of them.

LLL has indicated that they will re-issue 'The Untouchables', I have asked the possibility of releasing 'Once Upon A Time In America', no updates. A box set with both scores would be really great!

Posted:   Jul 27, 2020 - 5:10 AM   
 By:   ghost of 82   (Member)

There's even more wrong with the world than I thought if Once Upon a Time in America is OOP.

Posted:   Jul 28, 2020 - 9:05 AM   
 By:   Totoro   (Member)

Yes, please!

Posted:   Jul 28, 2020 - 11:23 AM   
 By:   Peter Greenhill   (Member)

Once Upon A Time In America is one of Morricone's finest scores and should always be in print.

Posted:   Jul 28, 2020 - 11:57 AM   
 By:   Roger Feigelson   (Member)

This was one of the first CDs I purchased back in the 80s. Lots of good discussion here but I do have one question -- I never picked up the expanded CD because I thought the original program was such a great listening experience. For those that have the expanded edition...am I really missing anything (content or sonics)?

Posted:   Jul 28, 2020 - 12:10 PM   

This was one of the first CDs I purchased back in the 80s. Lots of good discussion here but I do have one question -- I never picked up the expanded CD because I thought the original program was such a great listening experience. For those that have the expanded edition...am I really missing anything (content or sonics)?

Roger, any chance Intrada releasing this? Thanks

Posted:   Jul 28, 2020 - 2:18 PM   
 By:   BillCarson   (Member)

Once Upon A Time In America is one of Morricone's finest scores and should always be in print.

Well said Peter.