Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Feb 26, 2019 - 7:02 AM   
 By:   ryanpaquet   (Member)

Just hoping that with this really cool release it's a sign of more great things to come from the mouse house.

Bravo Intrada.

Posted:   Feb 26, 2019 - 7:04 AM   
 By:   Mr. Jack   (Member)

If you read the book recently then don't watch the movie. Disney mangled it considerably.

Historical accuracy was never Disney's thing.

What, you mean Pocahontas WASN'T a gorgeous, twentysomething supermodel with funny animal sidekicks...?!

Posted:   Feb 26, 2019 - 7:12 AM   
 By:   alamobob2007   (Member)

This bodes well. I've lamented the lack of releases of scores from Disney's 'live-action' films of the 50's and 60's for decades. Can the 'Davy Crockett' series, 'Swiss Family Robinson', 'Third Man on the Mountain', 'Treasure Island', etc. etc. also possibly be in the pipeline!?!

Posted:   Feb 26, 2019 - 7:16 AM   
 By:   solium   (Member)

I just made a big order with MM so this has to wait. But I'll pick it up in the near future.
Maybe I can combine it with what ever Varese releases once someone there makes an executive decision.

Posted:   Feb 26, 2019 - 8:59 AM   
 By:   finder4545   (Member)

Congratulation PFK: it is "Tremain"! And congratulation to Intrada for renewing interest in old time and obscure gems in these skinny days. I've not seen the movie and am getting a copy along with the score. I hope Intrada sells well and release other Disneys, with Paul J.Smith and even looking a little further with David Buttolph's LONG JOHN SILVER.

Posted:   Feb 26, 2019 - 9:34 AM   
 By:   Last Child   (Member)

I just made a big order with MM so this has to wait.

Ah yes, as we all know, the MegaloMania store.

Posted:   Feb 26, 2019 - 9:53 AM   
 By:   solium   (Member)

I just made a big order with MM so this has to wait.

Ah yes, as we all know, the MegaloMania store.

You know me to well. wink Just listened to the sound samples. Unmistakably "Disney" sound.

Posted:   Feb 26, 2019 - 9:58 AM   
 By:   Yavar Moradi   (Member)

This bodes well. I've lamented the lack of releases of scores from Disney's 'live-action' films of the 50's and 60's for decades. Can the 'Davy Crockett' series, 'Swiss Family Robinson', 'Third Man on the Mountain', 'Treasure Island', etc. etc. also possibly be in the pipeline!?!

Any of these *could* presumably be fair game...
https://www.imdb.com/list/ls077114097/?mode=desktop&ref_=m_ft_dsk

Exciting times!

Yavar

Posted:   Feb 26, 2019 - 10:28 AM   
 By:   Dylan   (Member)

Glad to see more 1950s live action Disney scores released.

Count me as yet another who saw this movie in middle school, about twenty years ago. Aside from the extensive use of matte paintings (always cool), I too only remember Johnny burning his hand.

Clearly this film was part of the American middle school curriculum for decades, but I wonder if it's still widely shown to students today.

Posted:   Feb 26, 2019 - 11:12 AM   
 By:   Niall from Ireland   (Member)

Fantastic release, well done Intrada!!! I remember seeing this film in my hometown of Waterford in the early 60s. The old Savoy Cinema showed lots of Disney movies and I remember seeing Treasure Island, Texas John Slaughter, The Moonspinners etc. It has also been shown on Irish TV a number of times midmorning during the Summer holidays when kids would be off school. I hope this lovely treat sells well for Intrada! Ordering now!

Posted:   Feb 26, 2019 - 9:58 PM   
 By:   PFK   (Member)

Great to see this CD. More George Bruns is always welcomed. I remember seeing the film on TV on the Disney show in the early 1960's. I hope this CD will sell well and Intrada will issue on CD's more Disney scores from the 1950's and 1960's.

Posted:   Feb 27, 2019 - 12:26 AM   
 By:   cody1949   (Member)

Would love to see scores composed for Disney films by William Alwyn, Paul J. Smith, Clifton Parker and Ron Goodwin. Please see what you can do Intrada.

Posted:   Feb 27, 2019 - 12:39 AM   
 By:   Loverozsa   (Member)

Great Release!!! How about "Old Yeller" and Paul Smith's scores for the True-Life Adventures series. Thank you, Intrada!!!!!

Posted:   Feb 27, 2019 - 8:02 AM   
 By:   tiomkinfan   (Member)

Ordered immediately. Thanks Intrada. Hope you keep them coming.

Posted:   Feb 27, 2019 - 8:36 AM   

Would love to see scores composed for Disney films by William Alwyn, Paul J. Smith, Clifton Parker and Ron Goodwin. Please see what you can do Intrada.

I think this release is an excellent sign that they're already on it and seeing what they can do. Fills me with a lot of hope for more Golden Age Disney.

Yavar

Posted:   Feb 27, 2019 - 8:46 AM   
 By:   Traveling Matt   (Member)

Personally I'm enjoying the anticipation of this release, which hasn't even started shipping yet, and expressing my gratitude. There's time enough to consider what else may or may not come.

JT is only happening now though.

Posted:   Feb 27, 2019 - 10:00 AM   

Hear, hear!

Yavar

Posted:   Feb 27, 2019 - 12:47 PM   
 By:   Niall from Ireland   (Member)

Great to see this CD. More George Bruns is always welcomed. I remember seeing the film on TV on the Disney show in the early 1960's. I hope this CD will sell well and Intrada will issue on CD's more Disney scores from the 1950's and 1960's.

That would be fantastic PFK. Fingers crossed and candles lighting!

Posted:   Feb 27, 2019 - 1:29 PM   

Apart from animation titles, Disney is the studio with the most untapped 50s & 60s score releases. Golden Age fans should be ecstatic as this release is the best news from Intrada since their epic Waxman 11 score box set two Christmases ago...

Yavar

Posted:   Feb 27, 2019 - 3:48 PM   
 By:   Joe Sikoryak   (Member)

I think this release is an excellent sign that they're already on it and seeing what they can do. Fills me with a lot of hope for more Golden Age Disney.

Yavar

Yavar, I want to second what you said and how you said it. Folks forget that the labels are ALWAYS looking for more opportunities to release cherished titles, and they’re going as fast as circumstances permit. Believe me, I’ve been there.