Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Sep 27, 2019 - 11:53 AM   
 By:   Jason LeBlanc   (Member)

This has been one of my holy grails for 22 years. Air Force One was the first Jerry Goldsmith score album I bought to a new movie coming out to theaters (actually probably second after Star Trek First Contact) and I've wanted more than the 30 minutes presented there ever since.

I'm so happy this is released and I can't wait to hear it! Congrats to whoever the creative team was that put this together!

Posted:   Sep 27, 2019 - 11:56 AM   
 By:   The Mutant   (Member)

Yes, thanks Varese. I shall listen to this loud and often.

Posted:   Sep 27, 2019 - 12:01 PM   
 By:   Shaun Rutherford   (Member)

This has been one of my holy grails for 22 years. Air Force One was the first Jerry Goldsmith score album I bought to a new movie coming out to theaters (actually probably second after Star Trek First Contact) and I've wanted more than the 30 minutes presented there ever since.

I'm so happy this is released and I can't wait to hear it! Congrats to whoever the creative team was that put this together!

It was 35 minutes!

Posted:   Sep 27, 2019 - 12:05 PM   
 By:   Mr. Marshall   (Member)

It was 35 minutes!

Hey Shaun

Is this new version purged of cross fades and unnatural cue combos?

Posted:   Sep 27, 2019 - 12:07 PM   
 By:   BackToTheFutureFan   (Member)

Wow! It finally happened.

Posted:   Sep 27, 2019 - 12:08 PM   
 By:   BryonDavis   (Member)

Cary Mansfield, myself, Chas Ferry, Bruce Botnick, Mark Shoolery and Daniel Schweiger.

Posted:   Sep 27, 2019 - 12:09 PM   
 By:   Marcato   (Member)

to hear it! Congrats to whoever the creative team was that put this together!

Cary Mansfield, myself, Chas Ferry, Bruce Botnick, Mark Shoolery and Daniel Schweiger.

In that case if you are involved with Varese Byron

where is the Back cover Pictures ? wink

Posted:   Sep 27, 2019 - 12:23 PM   
 By:   hollywoodvegas   (Member)

Why are the first two cues of the track list cues from the middle of the movie? Huh. Purchased anyway lol.

It's the opening cue from the album and the movie, just in two tracks. But why always include mostly cues that were already on the album we've all owned since 1997? That one McNeely cue (YOU know the one) needs to be spotlighted.

I guess I don’t know “the one”, lol.

Excited this title is finally coming out.

Posted:   Sep 27, 2019 - 12:25 PM   
 By:   BryonDavis   (Member)

to hear it! Congrats to whoever the creative team was that put this together!

In that case if you are involved with Varese Byron

where is the Back cover Pictures ? wink

I'll mention it.

Posted:   Sep 27, 2019 - 12:33 PM   
 By:   johnjohnson   (Member)

Ordered from Varese. Hopefully won’t be packaged in a slim piece of cardboard this time...

While I applaud Varese for releasing these titles, I don't want to revisit the packaging issue I had on my last order, so I've placed my order with Intrada.

Posted:   Sep 27, 2019 - 12:33 PM   
 By:   Adam B.   (Member)

Awesome. Now all four of my favorite scores from 1997 have received the deluxe treatment.

AFO
Starship Troopers
Titanic
The Lost World: Jurassic Park

Posted:   Sep 27, 2019 - 12:39 PM   
 By:   CCW1970   (Member)

Goldsmith is his most 90s over the top, kick ass action style. Love it! Ordered!

Posted:   Sep 27, 2019 - 12:41 PM   

Ordered from Varese. Hopefully won’t be packaged in a slim piece of cardboard this time...

While I applaud Varese for releasing these titles, I don't want to revisit the packaging issue I had on my last order, so I've placed my order with Intrada.

Yeah I wrestled with that. I considered buying it from SAE but it was a $5 difference and the exchange rate isn’t great.

Fingers crossed they (NAXOS) doesn’t drop the ball again.

Posted:   Sep 27, 2019 - 12:51 PM   
 By:   batman&robin   (Member)

Yes! Yes! YES! YES! I just can't believe this is finally here. Finally!!

Thank you so very much Varese Sarabande!

Posted:   Sep 27, 2019 - 12:55 PM   
 By:   Tom Servo   (Member)

Great release, very happy to see/hear this, as I'm hoping that the sound quality itself will improved from the original album. I always felt the sound quality on the original album was a little muddled.

Posted:   Sep 27, 2019 - 12:59 PM   

Great release, very happy to see/hear this, as I'm hoping that the sound quality itself will improved from the original album. I always felt the sound quality on the original album was a little muddled.

Yeah it was mixed pretty low. “Empty Rooms” is especially muddled.

Posted:   Sep 27, 2019 - 1:03 PM   
 By:   Erik Woods   (Member)

Sounds identical to me. The score has always sounded crystal clear to me. Actually, looking at the waveforms and loudness meters it seems like the new album is roughly 2db quieter.

-Erik-

Posted:   Sep 27, 2019 - 1:08 PM   
 By:   Mr. Jack   (Member)

FINALLY, people can stop complaining about this...! razz

Posted:   Sep 27, 2019 - 1:12 PM   
 By:   Marcato   (Member)

Deluxe Edition Produced for Varèse Sarabande Records by Cary E. Mansfield and Bryon Davis

Mastered by Chas Ferry

Master assembly Chas Ferry and Bruce Botnick

Art Direction for Varèse Sarabande Records: Mark Shoolery with help from Bill Pitzonka

Liner Notes by Daniel Schweiger

Posted:   Sep 27, 2019 - 1:15 PM   

FINALLY, people can stop complaining about this...! razz

Finally people can stop complaining about the complaining!