Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Aug 27, 2020 - 12:59 AM   
 By:   Big X   (Member)

Forgive if it's buried somewhere within, but any chance we'll get a repressing of BATMAN: MASK OF THE PHANTASM? I have somehow misplaced my very treasured copy.

Unless the situation has changed, I did ask sometime ago and was told, no.

Posted:   Aug 27, 2020 - 1:02 AM   

A bunch of LLL folks are doing a virtual event today.

The video has now been removed, did MV hint at other forthcoming releases and when Vol 3 of the QM set will be available?

Posted:   Aug 27, 2020 - 1:04 AM   
 By:   HAL 9000   (Member)

I second that, wishing for a "The Streets of San Francisco" mega box-set and "Barnaby Jones" for Vol4.

I would love a Vol. 4 with more Barnaby Jones, but we've already been told three Quinn Martin volumes, so unless they change their minds...

Yavar

Hey Yavar,

Re: Barnaby Jones,

There was so much fantastic music by a host of incredible artists at the top of their game, in particular the scores by "Duane Tatro - John Elizalde - Richard Markowitz and Nelson Riddle to name a few. It would be a shame to pause these at 3 volumes with so many opportunities for releases within the QM catalogue, unless LLL ditch the said volumes and do multiple series features. Barnaby would be a good start, followed by Cannon.

Hal.

Posted:   Aug 27, 2020 - 1:07 AM   
 By:   HAL 9000   (Member)

Whats up with QUINN Vol.3 and what will it feature?Any news....are welcome.

I second that, wishing for a "The Streets of San Francisco" mega box-set and "Barnaby Jones" for Vol4.

Hal.

MV just said (on the live event I mentioned above) that QM3 is Streets of San Francisco.

AMAZING!! Please let it be September. :-) - Things may come to those who wait -

Posted:   Aug 27, 2020 - 6:16 AM   
 By:   That Neil Guy   (Member)

The video has now been removed, did MV hint at other forthcoming releases and when Vol 3 of the QM set will be available?

If I remember correctly, he said it was coming in September. They also mentioned a couple other things coming in September but I don't remember what. Sorry.

Posted:   Aug 27, 2020 - 6:45 AM   
 By:   CindyLover   (Member)

I would love a Vol. 4 with more Barnaby Jones, but we've already been told three Quinn Martin volumes, so unless they change their minds...

Yavar

Hey Yavar,

Re: Barnaby Jones,

There was so much fantastic music by a host of incredible artists at the top of their game, in particular the scores by "Duane Tatro - John Elizalde - Richard Markowitz and Nelson Riddle to name a few. It would be a shame to pause these at 3 volumes with so many opportunities for releases within the QM catalogue, unless LLL ditch the said volumes and do multiple series features. Barnaby would be a good start, followed by Cannon.

Hal.

The first albums originated from scoring sessions Ken Wilhoit rescued when QM Productions shut down, so doesn't necessarily mean those tapes would among them.

Posted:   Aug 27, 2020 - 7:10 AM   
 By:   W. David Lichty [Lorien]   (Member)

If I remember correctly, he said it was coming in September. They also mentioned a couple other things coming in September but I don't remember what. Sorry.

Here's the re-post from them

Posted:   Aug 27, 2020 - 7:19 AM   
 By:   chriss   (Member)

MV just said (on the live event I mentioned above) that QM3 is Streets of San Francisco.

A great bonus track would be Patrick Williams' Main Title for Quinn Martin's 1971 TV movie "Incident in San Francisco"

Posted:   Aug 27, 2020 - 7:21 AM   

Thank you for taking the time to respond, it is appreciated. September is just a week away, so I am sure a flyer or a separate blog from LLL will tell us the Sep lineup.

Posted:   Aug 27, 2020 - 8:42 AM   
 By:   Chris Avis   (Member)

Thank you for taking the time to respond, it is appreciated. September is just a week away, so I am sure a flyer or a separate blog from LLL will tell us the Sep lineup.

By chance, was The X-Files vol. 4 mentioned for Sept?

Cheers,

C

Posted:   Aug 27, 2020 - 9:26 AM   
 By:   That Neil Guy   (Member)

They start talking about it at about 1 hr 39 minutes in on the video above.

Sept 15 planned releases

Munsters Go Home - first in a new Universal series
QM3: Streets of San Francisco
Forces of Nature, John Powell

Posted:   Aug 27, 2020 - 10:03 AM   
 By:   TM   (Member)

Forgive if it's buried somewhere within, but any chance we'll get a repressing of BATMAN: MASK OF THE PHANTASM? I have somehow misplaced my very treasured copy.

I have a sealed spare I picked up so the same thing wouldn't happen to me, email me @ tmtrumpet at gmail.com if you're interested!

Posted:   Aug 27, 2020 - 10:08 AM   
 By:   Randy Watson   (Member)

Sept 15 planned releases

Nice to see Forces of Nature getting an official release, really a fun score!

Posted:   Aug 27, 2020 - 10:31 AM   
 By:   Lokutus   (Member)

Fingers crossed for something monstrous around October 16th.

Posted:   Aug 27, 2020 - 10:38 AM   
 By:   ryanpaquet   (Member)

Great panel!

Matt and MV also mentioned that Top Gun is basically sitting on the Aircraft Carrier waiting for approval.

They also mentioned that they might have 2 big projects ready for the end of the year. They are trying to hit annivesaries - so looking back at anniversary potential titles, the only one I thought of that folks have been askign for is AIRPORT - but that's just a guess on my part.

Posted:   Aug 27, 2020 - 10:38 AM   
 By:   Mose Harper   (Member)

Sept 15 planned releases

Even though I grew up a 70's era monsterkid, I've never been able to get into the Munsters.
As I think about it now though, if the music for MGH is in the Neal Hefti/Vic Mizzy vein, I think I'd dig it quite a bit.
Looking forward to hearing the samples on it.

And when they say new series, do they mean a series of Munster-specifc scores or Universal TV in general?

In any case, all this is great news!. Can't wait for QM V3!

Posted:   Aug 27, 2020 - 10:43 AM   
 By:   Simon Underwood   (Member)

I'm watching the video now, it's really great.

Regards the Universal series, at around 1hr 18m, MV says the Universal Heritage line is being rebranded as Universal Classics going forward, so Munsters, Go Home! could be the first release under that.

EDIT: Listening to MV on vinyl at 1hr 24 - YES!!! I agree with him so much - aside from the artwork, it's an awful format big grin

Posted:   Aug 27, 2020 - 11:31 AM   
 By:   Last Child   (Member)

Link to the youtube video; cd announcements at 1:39:50
[Fantasia 2020] Score Salvations: The Art of Saving Soundtracks
https://youtu.be/kmsAQCQZ-VU

screengrab

Posted:   Aug 27, 2020 - 11:58 PM   
 By:   Randy Watson   (Member)

Great panel!

Matt and MV also mentioned that Top Gun is basically sitting on the Aircraft Carrier waiting for approval.

They also mentioned that they might have 2 big projects ready for the end of the year. They are trying to hit annivesaries - so looking back at anniversary potential titles, the only one I thought of that folks have been askign for is AIRPORT - but that's just a guess on my part.

Gladiator seems an obvious one.

Posted:   Aug 28, 2020 - 4:01 AM   
 By:   moolik   (Member)

STREETS OF SF...YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!
I will order all of the 3000 units...