Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Jun 14, 2017 - 9:55 PM   
 By:   The Mutant   (Member)

My heart goes out to the Snyders - there simply is nothing worse than loosing your child.....

But if this means a Junk free Justice League, a ray of sunshine. Just as long as the next piece of musical oblivion - Brian Tyler - does not get it.



Wow. I'm so glad this piece of sh#t has been booted out of here.

 
 
 Posted:   Jun 14, 2017 - 10:00 PM   
 By:   That Bloke   (Member)

"In a statement to THR, Holkenborg said, "As my mentor Hans Zimmer told me — you haven't made it in Hollywood as a composer until you get replaced on a project." "

Does this mean John Williams didn't find success until Bridge of Spies?

 
 
 Posted:   Jun 14, 2017 - 11:18 PM   
 By:   Randy Watson   (Member)

"In a statement to THR, Holkenborg said, "As my mentor Hans Zimmer told me — you haven't made it in Hollywood as a composer until you get replaced on a project." "

Does this mean John Williams didn't find success until Bridge of Spies?


But Williams wasn't replaced on BoS, he had to back down because of personal issues.

 
 Posted:   Jun 15, 2017 - 1:19 AM   
 By:   AdoKrycha007   (Member)

Wow. I'm so glad this piece of sh#t has been booted out of here.

Yeah. Me too. cool

 
 Posted:   Jun 15, 2017 - 4:17 AM   
 By:   cormoranstrike   (Member)

"In a statement to THR, Holkenborg said, "As my mentor Hans Zimmer told me — you haven't made it in Hollywood as a composer until you get replaced on a project." "

Does this mean John Williams didn't find success until Bridge of Spies?


I don't think he meant it quite that literally. In any case, he did not say "found success", he said you haven't "made it" or "graduated". And I find it very likely that John Williams was indeed replaced early on in his career on some projects, although at first google do not find an example. Perhaps some experts have more info on that.

 
 Posted:   Jun 15, 2017 - 6:17 AM   
 By:   Khan   (Member)

My heart goes out to the Snyders - there simply is nothing worse than loosing your child.....

But if this means a Junk free Justice League, a ray of sunshine. Just as long as the next piece of musical oblivion - Brian Tyler - does not get it.



Wow. I'm so glad this piece of sh#t has been booted out of here.


I am derpy. Whoops!

 
 Posted:   Jun 15, 2017 - 6:34 AM   
 By:   The Mutant   (Member)

My heart goes out to the Snyders - there simply is nothing worse than loosing your child.....

But if this means a Junk free Justice League, a ray of sunshine. Just as long as the next piece of musical oblivion - Brian Tyler - does not get it.



Wow. I'm so glad this piece of sh#t has been booted out of here.


Seriously? You're calling a composer a piece of shit because you don't like him? Are you thestat in disguise? Get out of here.




Wtf are you talking about? I was referring to thestat. Not the composer.

 
 Posted:   Jun 15, 2017 - 6:44 AM   
 By:   Khan   (Member)

My heart goes out to the Snyders - there simply is nothing worse than loosing your child.....

But if this means a Junk free Justice League, a ray of sunshine. Just as long as the next piece of musical oblivion - Brian Tyler - does not get it.



Wow. I'm so glad this piece of sh#t has been booted out of here.


Seriously? You're calling a composer a piece of shit because you don't like him? Are you thestat in disguise? Get out of here.




Wtf are you talking about? I was referring to thestat. Not the composer.


Ah, my bad. I thought you were talking about Junkie!

 
 Posted:   Jun 15, 2017 - 7:39 AM   
 By:   The Mutant   (Member)

Nah man! I like Junkie XL! Mad Max and BVS are two really solid scores.

No worries dude.

 
 Posted:   Jun 15, 2017 - 2:26 PM   
 By:   Justin Boggan   (Member)

Well, Junkie has broken the old rule. He's still not made it.

 
 
 Posted:   Jun 15, 2017 - 2:38 PM   
 By:   Spymaster   (Member)

Well, Junkie has broken the old rule. He's still not made it.

Heehee! (Harsh... but true)

 
 Posted:   Jun 15, 2017 - 4:48 PM   
 By:   drop_forge   (Member)

My heart goes out to the Snyders - there simply is nothing worse than loosing your child.....

But if this means a Junk free Justice League, a ray of sunshine. Just as long as the next piece of musical oblivion - Brian Tyler - does not get it.



Wow. I'm so glad this piece of sh#t has been booted out of here.


Pick up a couple earwax removal kits, use them, and then listen to these selections. wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xllG3fSUAOw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S176AKQhcCk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VZ074cg0Gg

 
 Posted:   May 21, 2020 - 6:33 AM   
 By:   ryanpaquet   (Member)

2021?

 
 Posted:   May 21, 2020 - 8:07 AM   
 By:   Scott McOldsmith   (Member)

Well, yeah, they have to wait for the social distancing thing to subside, get some people together and redo and finish effects and whatnot. I really do hope for a blu ray release.

I also hope it diesn't suck. I mean, most people bitched about Snyder's dark and negative take on the DCU and then as soon as Justice League was released, they were asking for exactly that. I enjoyed Man of Steel and BvS - especially Synder's 3 hour version of BvS. It was a different vision than Marvel and was a gradual change from dark to light that was pushed too quixkly with Joss Whedon's retakes. So JL was a weird mashup. I wanted to see where the Flash's subplot - seein in Bruce's "dream" in the extended BvS cut - was supposed to lead. I hope that is retained and leads into Flashpoint. But Steppenwolf was godawful, he needs to be redone.

 
 Posted:   May 21, 2020 - 8:39 AM   
 By:   Solium   (Member)


A turd will be an even bigger turd with the Snyder's cut. But good for those that wanted this.

 
 Posted:   May 21, 2020 - 10:07 AM   
 By:   Hybrid Soldier   (Member)

We can finally get back in business and forget that abomination committed by Whedon & Elfman's 3 years ago.

 
 Posted:   May 21, 2020 - 12:21 PM   
 By:   LeHah   (Member)

We can finally get back in business and forget that abomination committed by Whedon & Elfman's 3 years ago.

Welp, you're going on the ignore list. Don't get whiplash, chump.

 
 
 Posted:   May 21, 2020 - 3:21 PM   
 By:   bondo321   (Member)

Welp, you're going on the ignore list. Don't get whiplash, chump.


But... he's not wrong. What the studio did to Snyder after his daughter's suicide was terrible! This is vindication for not only Snyder's family, but the cast and crew who poured their hearts and souls into making a huge film. The frankenstein version of Justice League that the studio cobbled together was an absolute mess that was based on studio executives' marketing department, and not artistic integrity. The theatrical version failed, and for good reason.

Think of it this way.... you just read books 1 and 2 of a trilogy and then you find out that instead of releasing the author's 3rd and final book, the publisher has decided that someone else will take 25% of the final novel and rewrite the other 75%. I wouldn't expect everyone to be excited about this, but some of us really are. Emotions run strong with film and score fans.

 
 
 Posted:   May 21, 2020 - 5:33 PM   
 By:   Mephariel   (Member)

Welp, you're going on the ignore list. Don't get whiplash, chump.


But... he's not wrong. What the studio did to Snyder after his daughter's suicide was terrible! This is vindication for not only Snyder's family, but the cast and crew who poured their hearts and souls into making a huge film. The frankenstein version of Justice League that the studio cobbled together was an absolute mess that was based on studio executives' marketing department, and not artistic integrity. The theatrical version failed, and for good reason.

Think of it this way.... you just read books 1 and 2 of a trilogy and then you find out that instead of releasing the author's 3rd and final book, the publisher has decided that someone else will take 25% of the final novel and rewrite the other 75%. I wouldn't expect everyone to be excited about this, but some of us really are. Emotions run strong with film and score fans.


You have a point, but are we really going to sit here and pretend Snyder is a great director and he had great direction for the DC universe? Getting rid of Synder was the right call. I just don't get Joss Whedon. Why not Patty Jenkins?

 
 
 Posted:   May 21, 2020 - 6:31 PM   
 By:   bondo321   (Member)

I enjoyed his direction, and as far as him being “great,” that’s entirely subjective.

 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
© 2020 Film Score Monthly. All Rights Reserved...