Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   May 22, 2020 - 11:10 AM   
 By:   Roger Feigelson   (Member)

THE DARK HALF! COMPLETE!

You'd need to talk to Varese and Chris about that one. But yeah, tons of music unreleased on that one.

Posted:   May 22, 2020 - 11:16 AM   
 By:   Advise & Consent   (Member)

THE DARK HALF! COMPLETE!

You'd need to talk to Varese and Chris about that one. But yeah, tons of music unreleased on that one.

Thanks. I also posted in the Varese/2020 thread. Hedging my bets! THE DARK HALF is a magnificent work. Thankfully, CDs don't wear down through play, otherwise my copy would have disintegrated decades ago. smile

URBAN LEGEND! COMPLETE!

Posted:   May 22, 2020 - 11:32 AM   
 By:   Nono   (Member)

Speaking of Young it would be fantastic to see his MURDER AT 1600 and URBAN LEGEND released officially but no idea who owns these two...

I do want to do 1600, I love that score. But it's Warner Bros. which comes in fits and starts. Urban Legend is one I've been pursuing but that is also tricky. As I've said...if they were easy, they'd be done.

Did Poledouris compose and record anything for Murder at 1600?

If so, I would be curious to hear it.

Posted:   May 22, 2020 - 4:52 PM   

I'd be up for MUSSOLINI as well. I've gotten into Rosenthal's music over the last few years and this one's been on my want list since.

Very well then...let's give it a shot.

Posted:   May 22, 2020 - 4:56 PM   
 By:   Last Child   (Member)

I'd be up for MUSSOLINI as well. I've gotten into Rosenthal's music over the last few years and this one's been on my want list since.

Very well then...let's give it a shot.

I just bought a copy on ebay for $300!

Of course I did NOT, I didn't want to take the opportunity from some other buyer. wink

Posted:   May 22, 2020 - 4:56 PM   
 By:   Nathan Erickson   (Member)

Roger,

Since Intrada has a relationship with Disney, might it be possible to see new/expanded releases of the "Star Wars" and "Indy" films??

Posted:   May 22, 2020 - 5:40 PM   
 By:   GoblinScore   (Member)

Bravo to Roger for playing in what is now the Intrada version of the ENDLESS LLL Question, request thread!!
Let's hit 100k + !!

Posted:   May 22, 2020 - 6:05 PM   
 By:   Wedge   (Member)

Any Rosenthal reissue would be welcome in my book! I expended some time and effort acquiring a complete Rosenthal discography some years back, and MUSSOLINI was the most difficult to acquire at a reasonable price.

I was so thrilled that THE POWER AND THE GLORY hit this year -- an incredible treat! Still crossing my fingers for THE AFRICAN ELEPHANT and THE DAY CHRIST DIED.

Posted:   May 23, 2020 - 2:29 AM   
 By:   chriss   (Member)

I was so thrilled that THE POWER AND THE GLORY hit this year -- an incredible treat!

Yes, that was a great release. I listen often to it. Also Morituri is worth really the upgrade.

But if I would shout "INTRADA: PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE!" I would say - FIELDING! big grin

Posted:   May 23, 2020 - 4:33 AM   
 By:   BrendonKelly   (Member)

Thanks for letting us have some hope for Willow, Roger!

Any news or update on Volunteers?

Posted:   May 23, 2020 - 4:52 AM   
 By:   moolik   (Member)

Any chance for Schifrins this year?
CHARLY...BUDDY...etc.?

Posted:   May 23, 2020 - 5:24 AM   
 By:   Peter Greenhill   (Member)

I'd certainly support a release of Bernardo Segall's Custer Of The West score. Original album was ABC which I believe is now owned by Universal Music. No official release since 1968 and the movie has a cult following.

Posted:   May 23, 2020 - 10:23 AM   
 By:   DeputyRiley   (Member)

The Invisible is my personal favorite Marco Beltrami score, and I also very much hope that Intrada is able to make it happen.

Posted:   May 23, 2020 - 10:49 AM   
 By:   Ian J.   (Member)

I second that request for news on Volunteers.

Posted:   May 23, 2020 - 11:34 AM   

The Invisible is my personal favorite Marco Beltrami score, and I also very much hope that Intrada is able to make it happen.

We like to deliver on favorites. Unless there's a licensing, asset, or composer issue, there's no reason this can't happen in the future.

Posted:   May 23, 2020 - 11:35 AM   

I second that request for news on Volunteers.

No update on Willow. Just need to get the licensor to prioritize it. Keep hope alive.

Posted:   May 23, 2020 - 11:39 AM   
 By:   TacktheCobbler   (Member)

Any updates on the Rozsa Polydor albums since this seems to have become the unofficial Intrada thread (I recall reading that Intrada was looking into them)? Also, any chance Intrada could look into an expanded Becket if the tapes survive?

Posted:   May 23, 2020 - 1:17 PM   
 By:   varrick   (Member)

My three biggest wishes for Intrada (Disney titles):

THE THREE MUSKETEERS
HIDALGO
METRO

Keep up the good work!

Posted:   May 23, 2020 - 1:27 PM   
 By:   Lokutus   (Member)

Speaking of unreleased works, this is at the top of my list... together with Extremely Wicked and especially COMPOUND 147. At least two little samples (with minor SFX and one edit) can be heard at http://www.marco-beltrami.com/filmography/compound147/index.html or you can check the entire short there too (directed by Coleman Beltrami and partially shot around Pianella Studios with a brief cameo of MB).

Posted:   May 23, 2020 - 1:54 PM   
 By:   DeputyRiley   (Member)

We like to deliver on favorites. Unless there's a licensing, asset, or composer issue, there's no reason this can't happen in the future.

That is wonderful to hear, thank you for the info Roger, and thank you for all that you do for us!