Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Sep 7, 2020 - 11:43 AM   
 By:   johnjohnson   (Member)

I ordered my copy directly from JCP in Germany, as the blu-ray is supposed to be region free. I received a shipping notice a few days ago. Now it's a waiting game to see how long it takes to get to me in Florida.

Same here. My copy arrived last week.

Posted:   Sep 7, 2020 - 12:35 PM   
 By:   Sirusjr   (Member)

Agreed with John, that was a fantastic article Maurizio. Thank you for sharing it here. I would not have said it so well myself.

Posted:   Sep 8, 2020 - 2:34 AM   
 By:   maurizio.caschetto   (Member)

Thanks, gents. I wrongly named critic Eduard Hanslick as "Bernhard". It's corrected now.

Posted:   Oct 7, 2020 - 3:21 AM   
 By:   SpaceMind   (Member)

I received mine on Monday. Great Blu-ray!

Because of his age, I will more than likely never get to see John Williams live / in-person so this is as close as I will get.

The orchestra gave a fantastic performance.

Posted:   Oct 7, 2020 - 3:36 AM   
 By:   judy the hutt   (Member)

will watch today

Posted:   Oct 7, 2020 - 5:55 AM   
 By:   spanosdm   (Member)

With all that's been going on, perhaps this was the last concert conducted by Williams himself frown (wishing of course this is not the case and that he conducts for many years to come)
And we were extremely lucky this happened, because covid-19 was already a thing in January.

Posted:   Oct 7, 2020 - 6:04 AM   
 By:   Chase the score   (Member)

Perfomance - almost like the original recording

the conducting: sorry to say but it is slow and not like he used to do - this must be a result of his age - and to be honest - i don't think he'll be here in two years time (we could be lucky though) - so enjoy and appreciate the time here is here with us now while we can

Posted:   Oct 7, 2020 - 6:55 AM   
 By:   spanosdm   (Member)

He is an 88 year old man with a pacemaker - god bless him! That he even conducted two concerts in less than 24 hours, each lasting 2.5 hours is a miracle on its own.

Posted:   Oct 7, 2020 - 7:37 AM   
 By:   cinemel1255   (Member)

Received discs yesterday. Listened to most of it. The sound is amazing. The Dolby Atmos track fills the room. There is a conversation between Williams & Anne-Sophie Mutter where they discuss film music, working with the orchestra and the importance of Vienna as a center of music.

Posted:   Oct 7, 2020 - 9:02 AM   
 By:   judy the hutt   (Member)

If for only the funkiness of Shark Cage Fugue you should get this. But the concert is so great and I am only half way the viewing.

Listen, for someone at 9 years old who loved both the movie and the "Soundtrack" of Day the Earth Stood Still (Bernard Herrmann) this is a revelation for all those who love film music no matter the composer and who may as I do think that this music is classical in every way, will love to at least see this DVD once.

Sorry I am overcome that in this blasted 2020 this has come out.

Posted:   Nov 25, 2020 - 5:19 PM   
 By:   ryanpaquet   (Member)

I just got this today, at last. Holy crap it’s so good.

Posted:   Nov 25, 2020 - 6:32 PM   
 By:   Ed   (Member)

I just got this today, at last. Holy crap it’s so good.

Indeed.