Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Sep 26, 2023 - 9:23 PM   
 By:   Hadrian   (Member)

IRIS - James Horner ….a beautiful journey from beginning to end.

Posted:   Sep 27, 2023 - 8:16 AM   
 By:   Crew   (Member)

This has really been my "Soothing Track of the Year." It just hits a place that puts me at ease and rests my mind to the rhythm and the vibes.

1000% agreed.

Posted:   Sep 27, 2023 - 8:58 AM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

What an incredible score huh? Have you heard Rachel Zeffira's score for the Sebastian Gutierrez film Elizabeth Harvest? She is one half of Cat's Eyes. Great score, so I hope you've heard it or I could turn you on to it. Her solo album, The Deserters, is also fantastic.

I'm aware of the solo album, but not the other score. Thanks for the heads-up! Will check it out. It's my favourite score of 2015, and one of my most-played since then.

Posted:   Sep 27, 2023 - 10:06 AM   
 By:   Peter Greenhill   (Member)

Five tracks

Old Friends..... Monte Walsh..John Barry
Jake and Evelyn ....Chinatown....Jerry Goldsmith
Banquet Hall of Eternity...Victoria and Abdul.....Thomas Newman
The Gentle Softness.....Enter the Dragon....Lalo Schfrin
End Title---Jaws............John Williams

Posted:   Sep 27, 2023 - 6:27 PM   
 By:   Mike Esssss   (Member)

What an incredible score huh? Have you heard Rachel Zeffira's score for the Sebastian Gutierrez film Elizabeth Harvest? She is one half of Cat's Eyes. Great score, so I hope you've heard it or I could turn you on to it. Her solo album, The Deserters, is also fantastic.

I'm aware of the solo album, but not the other score. Thanks for the heads-up! Will check it out. It's my favourite score of 2015, and one of my most-played since then.

One of the reasons I can't totally quit this place is getting to discover hidden gems like this, which I'd never heard of before today. I just listened to the album and it's extraordinary. Thanks, guys.

Posted:   Sep 27, 2023 - 9:31 PM   
 By:   Zooba   (Member)

Basil's beautiful "Emmeline" from THE BLUE LAGOON. I especially enjoy this version played by him.

Posted:   Sep 28, 2023 - 10:10 AM   
 By:   roy phillippe   (Member)

I'm sure, like me, many others listen to their score CDs as a form of musical therapy.
I remember, being much younger, and finding that listening to the End Title from JAWS or the Katra Ritual from STAR TREK III THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK could relieve my stress or bring me to a state of controlled chill (and dramas could feel so much more heightened in your teens/younger years).
There are a great number of score CDs, or individual tracks in my arsenal, that I turn to when things need taking down a notch or two.
ALWAYS, FORT SAGANNE, CINEMA PARADISO, SOMEWHERE IN TIME...
What scores do YOU turn to, in your hours of need?

Mancini's "Sunflower". A beautiful theme with great string writing. Also Morricone's "Cinema Paradiso".

Posted:   Sep 29, 2023 - 12:48 AM   
 By:   robby   (Member)

Debussy is also great for music therapy.

Posted:   Sep 29, 2023 - 2:48 AM   
 By:   Replicant8   (Member)

CHARLY THE KID + CRYSTAL VOICE - FIRESTARTER- TANGERINE DREAM

LOVE ON A TRAIN- RISKY BUSINESS- TANGERINE DREAM

THEME FROM ANTARCTICA -ANTARCTICA- VANGELIS

WAIT FOR ME - BLADE RUNNER - VANGELIS .......so much more

Posted:   Sep 29, 2023 - 4:29 AM   
 By:   Solium   (Member)

Preparation H

Posted:   Sep 29, 2023 - 7:02 AM   
 By:   Paul MacLean   (Member)

Posted:   Sep 29, 2023 - 7:06 AM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

Yes, I could mention at least 10 Vangelis albums alone that would fit the bill.

Posted:   Sep 29, 2023 - 8:16 PM   
 By:   Travis   (Member)

This has been a great discussion and I have enjoyed discovering several works I hadn't heard before. I've put together a playlist on YouTube with several of the selections mentioned here as well as many of my own picks:

Posted:   Sep 29, 2023 - 8:48 PM   
 By:   ChuckNoland   (Member)

Would also like to Add (besides all of Wrestling Ernest Hemingway by Convertino and Islands in the Stream by Goldsmith - re-record version) Fordlandia by Johan Johannson. Not a film score, but amazing and by a great film composer. RIP gone too soon!

Posted:   Sep 30, 2023 - 3:03 AM   
 By:   nerfTractor   (Member)

So many by Fenton but high on my list is Moving Away, Pt 1 from A HANDFUL OF DUST

Posted:   Oct 2, 2023 - 10:42 AM   
 By:   Don Norman   (Member)

The Cider House Rules

Posted:   Oct 2, 2023 - 1:57 PM   
 By:   General Kael   (Member)

This has really been my "Soothing Track of the Year." It just hits a place that puts me at ease and rests my mind to the rhythm and the vibes.

Wow, I've been on this track for about an hour now! Thanks!

Posted:   Oct 2, 2023 - 2:53 PM   
 By:   MatthewP   (Member)

I’ve always loved this cue from Ry Cooder’s LAST MAN STANDING score. A truly evocative track.

https://youtu.be/XSiB-ujpDic?si=rA26GoK06kfMJ1fl

Posted:   Oct 2, 2023 - 3:01 PM   
 By:   villagardens553   (Member)

"The Herb Garden" by John Barry from The Lion in Winter. Overshadowed by the main title music, Eleanor's Arrival, the finale, and others, this gentle, wordless cue features the male and female voices contrasting with each other.

Posted:   Oct 2, 2023 - 3:04 PM   
 By:   Grack21   (Member)

I'm sure it's been mentioned but I was watching the film the other day and man, those End Titles to The Rocketeer. *chef's kiss*