Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Mar 23, 2021 - 10:23 PM   
 By:   Roger Feigelson   (Member)

July 9, 2021 - VOD + Theatre premiere.

I'll be taking the $30 VOD purchase option so I can enjoy it as much as I want on my Dolby Vision/Atmos home theater.

I've never done the Disney VOD thing. When you buy it for $30 do you get one viewing? Or 24 hours of unlimited viewings? Or 30 days? Or do you own access to it for as long as Disney + exists?

You get unlimited access to it

Posted:   Mar 24, 2021 - 2:58 PM   
 By:   GOLDSMITHDAKING   (Member)

The MCU ended with Endgame.

Jesus! Why is it so hard to post a youtube video on these message boards! I try to follow the instructions but its incomprehensible! ( Form field? Gray box WTF? ).

Posted:   Mar 24, 2021 - 4:28 PM   
 By:   The Mutant   (Member)

I'll be taking the $30 VOD purchase option so I can enjoy it as much as I want on my Dolby Vision/Atmos home theater.

Me too.

Posted:   Mar 24, 2021 - 5:01 PM   
 By:   King Solium   (Member)

The MCU ended with Endgame.

Jesus! Why is it so hard to post a youtube video on these message boards! I try to follow the instructions but its incomprehensible! ( Form field? Gray box WTF? ).

Not hard at all. Takes a few seconds.

Start a new Post
Click on "Special Code Legend"
Copy and past "youtube YouTube video URL here /youtube" (Make sure and included the brackets)
Go to YouTube and copy the video URL from the address bar.
Paste the URL where it says "YouTube video URL here.

Done.

Posted:   Mar 24, 2021 - 5:05 PM   
 By:   King Solium   (Member)

I've never done the Disney VOD thing. When you buy it for $30 do you get one viewing? Or 24 hours of unlimited viewings? Or 30 days? Or do you own access to it for as long as Disney + exists?

If I'm not mistaken, you get unlimited access as long as you have a Disney + account and they have it in their Disney + Library. If you want streaming rights in perp, you need to purchase a digital copy like from iTunes. I stand corrected if I'm wrong.

Posted:   May 6, 2021 - 11:35 AM   
 By:   AdoKrycha007   (Member)

So, White Widow ? roll eyes

Posted:   May 6, 2021 - 7:49 PM   
 By:   bondo321   (Member)

So you’re one of those that complains about movie posters like it’s indicative of the film’s content (or in this case, related in any way to the score of the film). Then again you’re pretty negative towards most non-Brian Tyler related projects.

Posted:   May 6, 2021 - 11:35 PM   
 By:   Randy Watson   (Member)

So you’re one of those that complains about movie posters like it’s indicative of the film’s content (or in this case, related in any way to the score of the film). Then again you’re pretty negative towards most non-Brian Tyler related projects.

No Brian Tyler = No AdoKrycha007

Posted:   May 6, 2021 - 11:50 PM   
 By:   SoldierofFortune   (Member)

What you expect from a guy who comes from another forum where idolize Brian Tyler?

Posted:   May 7, 2021 - 2:26 AM   
 By:   JGouse0498   (Member)

If I'm not mistaken, you get unlimited access as long as you have a Disney + account and they have it in their Disney + Library. If you want streaming rights in perp, you need to purchase a digital copy like from iTunes. I stand corrected if I'm wrong.

No, you are understanding it correctly. $30 secures it for the length of your Disney+ membership (however long that may be). Since this is a new MCU movie, it's highly likely that it will remain in Disney+ permanently because they probably didn't make any other distribution deals like older movies have had.

Personally, I would still describe it as "unlimited access" because there's no rental viewing window attached to it and, at this point in time, it's reasonable to assume that customers understand that it's tied to your Disney+ account. From the promotional materials I've seen over the past several months, Disney has been pretty clear about touting it as "access" to the movie in "your Disney+ library" rather than digital "ownership" (which we know isn't really ownership).

Long story short though: $30 lets you watch Black Widow as many times as you want at home while you're waiting for the home video disc release that you can physically purchase. Considering the cost of going to the movies, it pays for itself pretty quickly.

Posted:   May 28, 2021 - 11:27 AM   

Posted:   May 28, 2021 - 1:46 PM   
 By:   igger6   (Member)

I loved how those high woodwinds and pizzicato strings punctuated the action. What an elegant duet of music and visuals.

razz

Posted:   May 28, 2021 - 2:36 PM   
 By:   Tom Servo   (Member)

I loved how those high woodwinds and pizzicato strings punctuated the action. What an elegant duet of music and visuals.

razz

I see what you did there! smile

Honestly, I'm so very tired of action movie music now always sounding like this over the past 10-15 years. It's so paint-by-numbers now, it's as if an AI program scored that scene.

Posted:   May 28, 2021 - 5:49 PM   
 By:   CCOJOE   (Member)

razz

I see what you did there! smile

Honestly, I'm so very tired of action movie music now always sounding like this over the past 10-15 years. It's so paint-by-numbers now, it's as if an AI program scored that scene.

Who is to say it didn't? Has anyone (other than Hans Zimmer) ever even SEEN this Lorne Balfe? Sounds like an anagram to me.

Posted:   May 29, 2021 - 1:38 AM   
 By:   CindyLover   (Member)

The clip's fun. Music... not so much.

Posted:   May 29, 2021 - 2:55 AM   

Well, it’s just Balfe big grin

Posted:   May 30, 2021 - 12:11 PM   
 By:   isitatomic?   (Member)

I'm still so mad that Disney has two full Desplat scores in their vault (this and Rogue One) which they will likely never release.

Posted:   May 30, 2021 - 11:18 PM   

I'm still so mad that Disney has two full Desplat scores in their vault (this and Rogue One) which they will likely never release.

Isn't word on the street that Desplat hadn't written a single note yet for Rogue One when he was replaced by Giacchino.

Posted:   May 30, 2021 - 11:18 PM   

Well, it’s just Balfe big grin

Well, it could've been worse, it could've been Brian Tyler!!

Posted:   May 31, 2021 - 1:00 AM   
 By:   SoldierofFortune   (Member)

Feige wants another Mission Impossible Fallout mix with Red Sparrow and The Winter Soldier.

Ok, i guess?