Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Dec 13, 2018 - 11:23 PM   
 By:   Jim Cleveland   (Member)

Hey Jerome....
I think you're wrong about that... I believe it was an ACOUSTIC guitar... either way, I thought it was horrible!big grin

Posted:   Dec 14, 2018 - 1:06 AM   
 By:   Stephen Woolston   (Member)

Whoops. Apologies folks. When I came home to a "while you were out card" for a signed-for package, I'd assumed it was this because it's the only signed-for package I had ordered.

But it was actually my Intrada delivery. Which is odd, because I've never had to sign for an Intrada delivery before.

My apologies for getting people excited!

Cheers

Posted:   Dec 14, 2018 - 1:07 AM   
 By:   Amer Zahid   (Member)

Hey Jerome....
I think you're wrong about that... I believe it was an ACOUSTIC guitar... either way, I thought it was horrible!big grin

That acoustic version is basically a stand alone cover version that was done many years before the remake was even planned. I like it. It's subtle and creepy.

Posted:   Dec 14, 2018 - 2:10 AM   
 By:   AMRA75   (Member)

Seriously, is it a topic for Psycho? Anyway The bride is an excellent surprise!

Posted:   Dec 14, 2018 - 2:50 AM   
 By:   Jerome Piroue   (Member)

I GOT MY BRIDE! I GOT MY BRIDE! big grin

Posted:   Dec 14, 2018 - 2:54 AM   

Hey Jerome....

That acoustic version is basically a stand alone cover version that was done many years before the remake was even planned. I like it. It's subtle and creepy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzE8dH82tqU

Is it just me or this sounds A LOT like an electric guitar? razz
It even has electronic distortion.
And it' s great.

Don't get me wrong. It might still be an accoustic. I'm no expert. I don't care. I love it.

Posted:   Dec 14, 2018 - 4:10 AM   

I GOT MY BRIDE! I GOT MY BRIDE! big grin

Huzzah!!!!

Posted:   Dec 14, 2018 - 4:38 AM   

Just finished listening to the main section of the CD! It's all f*king PERFECTION !!!

And as I was reading the booklet, guess what? Quartet will be RELEASING ENDLESS NIGHT in 2019!!!

How cool is that?

Posted:   Dec 14, 2018 - 4:42 AM   
 By:   TacktheCobbler   (Member)

Just finished listening to the main section of the CD! It's all f*king PERFECTION !!!

And as I was reading the booklet, guess what? Quartet will be RELEASING ENDLESS NIGHT in 2019!!!

How cool is that?

Then I guess that’s another Herrmann score Bill Stromberg will have to avoid in coming up with ideas for his Herrmann recording.

Posted:   Dec 14, 2018 - 5:12 AM   

Yes, there is that minor snafu.

BS should really get on the phone with the Quartet guys! big grin

Posted:   Dec 14, 2018 - 5:28 AM   
 By:   TerraEpon   (Member)

How cool is that?

Su-weet.
I don't think I've heard a single note of Endless Night....but it's Herrmann.

Posted:   Dec 14, 2018 - 5:34 AM   
 By:   Amer Zahid   (Member)

Whoa that's great news about ENDLESS NIGHT. I hope this set sells well enough for Quartet to consider more recordings in the future.

Posted:   Dec 14, 2018 - 5:49 AM   

How cool is that?

Su-weet.
I don't think I've heard a single note of Endless Night....but it's Herrmann.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rll77ORAUso

And now? roll eyes

EDIT: Howard Blake contributed to the score, composing a few of the cues and rearranging others if I remember correctly.
I hope Quartet will include his bits in it too.

Posted:   Dec 14, 2018 - 7:18 AM   
 By:   Last Child   (Member)

How cool is that?

Then I guess that’s another Herrmann score Bill Stromberg will have to avoid in coming up with ideas for his Herrmann recording.

I don't know how accurate BRIDE WORE BLACK re-recording is, but I hope they render ENDLESS NIGHT as good as Bill did for F451

Posted:   Dec 14, 2018 - 8:25 AM   
 By:   Yavar Moradi   (Member)

Hah! If Endless Night is already spoken for as well (and better to know sooner rather than later!) maybe Bill will end up tackling On Dangerous Ground or The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, after all. smile

Yavar

Posted:   Dec 14, 2018 - 10:37 AM   

Ghost already has a great sounding recording.

How about the musics BH did for Orson Welles's Radio show? I don't how interesting they are, but... who knows, right?
I do have "The Moat Farm Murders" suite and used to have the "War of the Worlds" LP, but what about the rest?

There's also "Twisted Nerves" with its famous theme used in Kill Bill and... a french commercial for Citroën, although I'm not sure the rest of the music is really worth it.

Posted:   Dec 14, 2018 - 10:46 AM   

Do you think we can start a separate thread on "What might Bill Stromberg record next?", because I kinda feel that conversation is obscuring the appreciation of the wonderful release at hand.

Cheers

Posted:   Dec 14, 2018 - 10:58 AM   
 By:   Frank DeWald   (Member)

Do you think we can start a separate thread on "What might Bill Stromberg record next?", because I kinda feel that conversation is obscuring the appreciation of the wonderful release at hand.

Cheers

Thank you, Stephen. I heartily second that notion!

Posted:   Dec 14, 2018 - 11:02 AM   
 By:   couvee   (Member)

It's done, we can start discussing other Herrmann recording-projects in a separate thread. I'm still eager to hear any news about my bride. It usually takes just two days after shipping to reach me from Quartet and there are two more titles in this package that I really look forward to (8 1/2 and Cinema Paradiso). Oh well.

Posted:   Dec 14, 2018 - 11:02 AM   
 By:   Yavar Moradi   (Member)

A fine idea.

Yavar