Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   May 19, 2010 - 1:39 AM   
 By:   Tall Guy   (Member)

Gordon-Bloody-Brown sold most of our gold cheap years ago!

Apparently, the Chinese tried to get some of their gold back into their country. When they verified some of the gold bars they found tsungsten in it.

Hmmm - if our gold was really mostly tungsten, then maybe Gordon Brown did a good deal after all!

Yeah.

Right.

Posted:   May 20, 2010 - 1:21 PM   
 By:   Doug Raynes   (Member)

Ever since the euro was introduced there have been people saying it would never survive but over 10 years it has turned out to be one of the most successful currencies ever. Most currencies have their ups and downs and it not unusual for a currency to go through a major crisis. There was, for example, the appalling £ crisis of the mid 1970s when the £ went into freefall and Britain became almost bankrupt. The euro will survive because it has to. It would be calamatitous on a seismic scale if a country like Germany withdrew, so it won't be allowed to happen, no matter how much the euro haters would wish it. By the way, I think the weekend's gone!

Posted:   May 20, 2010 - 7:39 PM   
 By:   DJS   (Member)

The entire current monetary system is collapsing. All currencies will end eventually (sooner rather than later) replaced by a global currency, tangible at first, then electronic. Anyone who thinks differently has not studied history much nor are they up on the trend forecasting.

The Dollar and Euro are houses of cards readying to collapse. It's economics. This is what happens when banks create debt on every dollar that cannot be paid back and print money to pay off debt...by...er... creating more dollars and getting up deeper into debt, etc. The Federal Reserve has bankrupted the USA (on purpose) with it's debt based system...and every other country will be drastically affected by it. Dollar, Euro, Yen...doesn't really matter. A united currency is coming into place very soon to replace it all. Retail is crashing more each day, malls are becoming ghost towns, the housing foreclosures, massive unemployment...all symptoms that will usher in the new currency which has been the bank's agenda all along...CONTROL.

Posted:   May 20, 2010 - 11:47 PM   
 By:   Sehnsuchtshafen   (Member)

The entire current monetary system is collapsing. All currencies will end eventually (sooner rather than later) replaced by a global currency, tangible at first, then electronic. Anyone who thinks differently has not studied history much nor are they up on the trend forecasting.

The Dollar and Euro are houses of cards readying to collapse. It's economics. This is what happens when banks create debt on every dollar that cannot be paid back and print money to pay off debt...by...er... creating more dollars and getting up deeper into debt, etc. The Federal Reserve has bankrupted the USA (on purpose) with it's debt based system...and every other country will be drastically affected by it. Dollar, Euro, Yen...doesn't really matter. A united currency is coming into place very soon to replace it all. Retail is crashing more each day, malls are becoming ghost towns, the housing foreclosures, massive unemployment...all symptoms that will usher in the new currency which has been the bank's agenda all along...CONTROL.

Finally, a post that sums it all up.
The new global currency - whatever its name should be - will also be based on nothing real but promises that won't be kept.

Posted:   May 21, 2010 - 1:23 AM   
 By:   Francis   (Member)

And what weekend you think that will happen? wink

Posted:   May 21, 2010 - 3:09 AM   
 By:   CinemaScope   (Member)

I don't know why the euro has been doing so well this past few years. All the euro countries have had problems (& some, very large problems). I don't understand a lot about all this, but it seems to me the any currency needs something to back it up (gold!), not just bluff & optimism & fingers crossed behind your back. If the euro is to be strong again, then the euro countries need to be financially strong, & I can only see them getting worse......& something I've never understood about the euro is....

Greece is on its knees, fighting the bailiffs, so their currency should be devalued, which in the long term would help them, making imports more expensive & helping exports & tourism, but they're in the euro, so that can't happen. Their currency is worth as much as the euro in France & Germany. Can someone tell me how this makes sense?

Posted:   May 21, 2010 - 10:03 AM   

I don't know why the euro has been doing so well this past few years. All the euro countries have had problems (& some, very large problems). I don't understand a lot about all this, but it seems to me the any currency needs something to back it up (gold!), not just bluff & optimism & fingers crossed behind your back. If the euro is to be strong again, then the euro countries need to be financially strong, & I can only see them getting worse......& something I've never understood about the euro is....

Greece is on its knees, fighting the bailiffs, so their currency should be devalued, which in the long term would help them, making imports more expensive & helping exports & tourism, but they're in the euro, so that can't happen. Their currency is worth as much as the euro in France & Germany. Can someone tell me how this makes sense?

It's not supposed to make sense. The current world currency system is being manipulated by federal and international bankers so it can be changed into a unified system that will literally enslave the world. Don't believe it? Read the headline on Drudge just today - these are the actual headlines:

EUR000000
Roubini: Stocks to Tumble Another 20%, Cash the Safest Place...
Strains Accumulate...
Fed official: Europe's crisis poses risks to USA...
Confusion over regulation moves trigger sell-offs...
'Perfect storm'...
WORLD ORDER: US, Britain and Germany to discuss debt crisis...
PAPER: The Euro as we know it is dead...
775 BANKS ON 'PROBLEM' LIST

Here is a good film about the incredibly evil Federal Reserve and how this all started, beginning with removing the gold standard for the dollar. World War I, World War II, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and soon...Iran....all used to crash the dollar, get everyone (especially Americans) into unrecoverable debt and restart the Federal Reserves operations so they can make more money from your hard work. Invading Iran (or some other huge crisis that will happen VERY soon) will be used to usher in a new global currency. Like it or not, it's going to happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmPchuXIXQ

Posted:   May 21, 2010 - 1:09 PM   
 By:   Essankay   (Member)

Just to put this crackpot nonsense in perspective, please recall that the o.p. believes that the Apollo missions were all a hoax:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=60500&forumID=7&archive=0

Posted:   May 21, 2010 - 1:29 PM   
 By:   WILLIAMDMCCRUM   (Member)

I think Chris1770 should seriously consider a Dan Brown style screenplay on this basis. He'd rake it in.

Any minute now we may get quotes from 'Revelation' and tales about supercomputers and the return of the Roman Empire and somebody with a '666' registration plate.

You can take the Euro out of Germany but you can't take Germany out of the Euro.

Or is that the other way around?

Posted:   May 21, 2010 - 4:41 PM   

I think Chris1770 should seriously consider a Dan Brown style screenplay on this basis. He'd rake it in.

Any minute now we may get quotes from 'Revelation' and tales about supercomputers and the return of the Roman Empire and somebody with a '666' registration plate.

You can take the Euro out of Germany but you can't take Germany out of the Euro.

Or is that the other way around?

It's okay, there is plenty of room for sheep, people who would rather embrace mob rule than narrow truth. The beauty of free will; one can remain as ignorant as they like...or they can actually look at knowledge with discernment. This isn't about religion (anyone with an ounce of education can see we are heading toward a one world currency and government) although I find it interesting that thousands of years ago it was written that one man would eventually control the entire buying and selling of everything (when there was only a few million people on the planet no less)...which was not possible until this very generation.

While I do not doubt a moon launch, the actual landing has many things the discerning person would question, just like 9/11 being an inside job. Skepticism is a good thing. It keeps you from becoming a lemming. Of course, if being a lemming is your bag then there are plenty who will keep you company in that straight line off the cliff.

Posted:   May 21, 2010 - 5:46 PM   
 By:   WILLIAMDMCCRUM   (Member)

(1.) Lemmings do NOT collectively commit suicide. This is an urban myth, born of an old TV documentary.

(2.) The difference between imagination and psychosis is that the the psychotic CANNOT draw boundaries, usually because of real neuro-transmission problems. In a situation where sane men would exercise judgement, the psychotic keeps his mind SO open that he can no longer close it. The result: he focuses on the 1,001 things that MIGHT be happening secretly, instead of the things he CAN know about, he becomes suggestible and then enslaved. The next result: PARANOIA.

To imagine 1,000 evils that can't be proven, and to allow those to swamp what can be TRUSTED from people of goodwill is to be insecure, that's all, so don't elevate that into some virtue. In my book, it's the conspiracy theorists, with their mean-spirited agendas (and deliberate mischief) who are the frightened 'sheep'. Sensible people don't believe every malevolent invention.

A little learning is a dangerous thing in the hands of the discontent.

Posted:   May 22, 2010 - 3:26 AM   

It would be a tremendous movie. But with no distribution if it could be done with the whole truth and nothing but the truth in it.

As this thread gets more and more started with many interesting posts about the Fed I would like to turn your attention to this video.

http://www.businessjive.com/ (ca. 80 minutes)

For starters thinking different, read the book Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. You don't learn such things in schools. If you're lucky you get it from your parents, or, later from friends. Maybe you read it first in the internet. That's why some like to turn off the internet 1.0 and want to launch internet 2.0.

Posted:   May 22, 2010 - 4:21 AM   

Just to put this crackpot nonsense in perspective, please recall that the o.p. believes that the Apollo missions were all a hoax:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=60500&forumID=7&archive=0

I return the crackpot to you.

Telegraph: "Germany's 'desperate' short ban triggers capital flight to Switzerland"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financetopics/financialcrisis/7742355/Germanys-desperate-short-ban-triggers-capital-flight-to-Switzerland.html

Paymasters always leave a collapsing system first. It won't be the PIIGS (= Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece or Spain). Germany will get out of the Euro, as well as France and the Netherlands. Austria isn't ready to leave because their Schilling must be printed first. The German Federal Bank did print the new Mark. France will return to their beloved Francs and the Netherlands will get their fine Goulden back. BTW, I don't think a Global Currency can be foisted on the people. A return to the roots of each people is the coming trend. There's no place for globalization anymore. Some think the crisis has already come to an end. I say it hasn't even really started.

You can also contact the Deutsche Bundesdruckerei which is currently printing the new Deutsch Mark, and you can ask them on the phone if they really are printing it. Every German citizen has the right to ask about it, don't they. As people don't like to lie, any honest employee will get a hard time to deny it. Politicians don't have such 'problems' though.

http://www.bundesdruckerei.de/de/kontakt/index.html

Here's another pot cooking for interested readers, alarming tone included:

"The USA Is Already Bankrupt"
http://www.oicu2.com/afc/hellcoming.html

John F. Kennedy issued an Executive Order 11110, requiring the Treasury Department to start printing and issuing silver certificates for the silver then remaining in the US Treasury.
Kennedy decided that by returning to the constitution, which states that only Congress shall coin and regulate money, the soaring national debt could be reduced by not paying interest to the bankers of the Federal Reserve System, who print paper money then loan it to the government at interest. This was the reason he signed Executive Order 11110 which called for the issuance of $4,292,893,815 in United States Notes through the U.S. Treasury rather than the traditional Federal Reserve System.

[...]

That same day, Kennedy signed a bill changing the backing of one and two dollar bills from silver to gold, adding strength to the weakened U.S. currency.
Kennedy's comptroller of the currency, James J. Saxon, had been at odds with the powerful Federal Reserve Board for some time, encouraging broader investment and lending powers for banks that were not part of the Federal Reserve system. Saxon also had decided that non-Reserve banks could underwrite state and local general obligation bonds, again weakening the dominant Federal Reserve banks".
Kennedy's E.O. was never implemented following his assassination, and shortly afterwards, United States silver coins were taken out of circulation and replaced with the copper clad slugs in use today. These two events, the failure to print new silver certificates, and the substitution of worthless slugs for our silver coins, may explain why the Warren Commission included on its panel John J. McCloy, a man with no experience in crime, law enforcement, or national security, but who had been the President of the Chase Manhattan Bank.
It should be noted that the banks themselves are still using the gold standard. Accounts are still settled between major national banks by the transfer of gold bullion.

Posted:   May 22, 2010 - 10:59 AM   

(1.) Lemmings do NOT collectively commit suicide. This is an urban myth, born of an old TV documentary.

Posted:   May 22, 2010 - 11:41 AM   
 By:   Doug Raynes   (Member)

We can blame Walt Disney for that myth. It was the Walt Disney true life adventure feature documentary "White Wilderness" which showed lemmings jumping off a cliff apparently committing suicide. Later, the makers of the film admitted that the whole thing was faked. The poor creatures were pushed over the cliff and drowned, but those who saw the film - as I did at a young age - fell for it.

Posted:   May 22, 2010 - 2:14 PM   

[EDIT]

Another reliable source from the British Express:

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/176668/Germany-Marks-its-territory-/

GERMANY MARKS ITS TERRITORY

GERMANY is rumoured to be printing Deutschemark banknotes again in preparation for ditching the euro and distancing itself from Greece and the other ailing states that started the sovereign debt crisis.

Posted:   May 24, 2010 - 4:53 AM   

The Brits add more fuel to the debate:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/7754168/The-European-Disunion-will-the-euro-survive.html

The European Disunion - will the euro survive?

As the currency crashes and the Continent is swept by protests, even key members such as Germany and France are starting to think the unthinkable about the euro.

Only in Germany the mass medias remain silent... because they are not free to talk?

Posted:   May 24, 2010 - 5:37 AM   

... If this thread is only going to serve Chris' political agenda, I suggest it gets locked down because this dribble is becoming tiresome.

Posted:   May 24, 2010 - 5:39 AM   
 By:   CinemaScope   (Member)

This story will run & run, & it's not just the euro. Every country is drowning in debt (not sure about China), plus personal debt (England could be the worse country for this). With all this going on, & a strong dollar, I wouldn't fancy being an American working in the tourist industry this summer.

Posted:   May 24, 2010 - 5:41 AM   

... If this thread is only going to serve Chris' political agenda, I suggest it gets locked down because this dribble is becoming tiresome.

You are an idiot. Go run to the sheriff and tell him what you are.