Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jun 26, 2020 - 12:32 PM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

A few hours. Try!

Posted:   Jun 26, 2020 - 5:30 PM   
 By:   Howard L   (Member)

Hey that was a wonderful get together. I must have come in at the 2-hour mark and am glad we made it to 5. Man, gotta hand it to y'all in Europe for hanging in there past the midnight hour. Cheers, Thor.

Posted:   Jun 27, 2020 - 2:15 AM   
 By:   Graham Watt   (Member)

Great stuff! Thanks Thor. Wish I could have stayed until 5 in the morning, but on one of my topping-up breaks I realised what time it was and went to bed. Family commitments today. I'm wearing a suit. Until the next one!

Posted:   Jun 27, 2020 - 3:59 AM   

Thanks a bunch for yesterday! Loads of fun in what turned out to be a 7-hour marathon for me. Actually got sick when I logged off, and am barely conscious as I write this. Untill the next time!

Posted:   Jun 27, 2020 - 6:59 AM   
 By:   Thomas   (Member)

I thought you were looking a bit ropey when you were winding things up last nightbig grin

Was good fun, nice to meet some new folk again. TG as well for the first time!

Posted:   Jun 27, 2020 - 8:07 AM   
 By:   OnyaBirri   (Member)

That was fun!

Posted:   Jun 27, 2020 - 3:29 PM   
 By:   bigjimwilson   (Member)

Last night was so much fun! Some really fantastic stories and thoughts. Great to meet a few more faces.

Sorry you took a turn for the worse Thor! Damn those tasty beers.

Drunken dreams of live Duduk and live Guitar! Can't wait for us all to get started on that lockdown album big grin

Posted:   Jun 28, 2020 - 4:41 AM   

Alright, slightly more conscious today, after a 10-hour sleep.

Last session was one of our best, I think. So many highlights -- Cailin playing the duduk live, the screening of the old Film Music Fans gathering in LA with Ford holding Howard in a headgrip, random CDs and LPs pulled from shelves, me pulling out my ol' university thesis and throwing it on the floor, a seemingly seamless integration of the Maintitles and FSM people, personal stories (not only about film music), various beers and drinks consumed, periodic toilet breaks etc. etc. Of course, I'm a bit worried for the people who come in late (Howard, Tall Guy etc.) - sober as a fiddle; I know I'm nearing the 'peak' of my intoxication at that point, but that's part of the "Cheers!" thread game.

There will probably be ONE more gathering before a long break untill autumn. Looking at Saturday, July 11th as an option. I'll get back to you on that.

Posted:   Jul 3, 2020 - 8:56 AM   

Well, July 11th is out, as that's now confirmed as my holiday departure date.

So that means I'll try to do a "Cheers" get-together tomorrow, on July 4th -- the US national holiday itself!

I realize that probably means a lot of you won't be attending, but so be it. It was the only remaining option.

This will be the LAST "Cheers" Zoom meeting for a while. The next will be in late August, at the earliest (at that point, we'll try to accomodate you more too, Rick).

The time is 21:00 Oslo time, Saturday, July 4th. Link will be provided tomorrow.

If you Americans don't have any plans for the day, why not celebrate it with a drunken bunch of international film score nerds on a Zoom chat? big grin

Posted:   Jul 3, 2020 - 9:14 AM   
 By:   OnyaBirri   (Member)

The time is 21:00 Oslo time, Saturday, July 4th. Link will be provided tomorrow.

If you Americans don't have any plans for the day, why not celebrate it with a drunken bunch of international film score nerds on a Zoom chat? big grin

If that is 3 pm EST, which I believe was confirmed, unless they've changed math in the last few weeks, I should be able to join for about an hour or so.

Posted:   Jul 3, 2020 - 9:17 AM   

Yes, that's correct.

Horrible time for Americans on this particular day, I know, but 1 hour is better than nothing!

Posted:   Jul 3, 2020 - 9:26 AM   

Some of these Englanders were going to go "out for a pint" at that time, because it's the first time they are able to ever since the great potato famine of 1776, when they didn't have enough potatoes to make beer.

Posted:   Jul 3, 2020 - 9:28 AM   

He, he. Yeah, the timing is awful - not only for the reasons I cited earlier, but also because UK pubs open today. In all likelihood, it will be myself staring blankly at the screen for a few hours. Business as usual, in other words.

As usual, we'll start two hours earlier with an exclusive Maintitles meeting. So if no one show up there, I'll post here; that may buy you an hour or so before you head down to the local watering hole.

Posted:   Jul 3, 2020 - 10:49 AM   
 By:   Thomas   (Member)

I might be able to join for a bit. Next week would have been no good as I'm away but tomorrow night should be fine.

Posted:   Jul 3, 2020 - 11:00 AM   

Excellent!

Posted:   Jul 4, 2020 - 7:58 AM   

By the way, I have created a fun little quiz for us tonight. Just to create another incentive to join on this US national holiday. smile

Here is the link:

https://us04web.zoom.us/j/4386804511?pwd=ZXRYeFJtem5rUTlOTVFoNWRSS28xdz09

Posted:   Jul 4, 2020 - 8:07 AM   

If I'm late I'll be in the pavement cafe downstairs having a beer in the warm evening sun. Don't answer all the questions for me!

Posted:   Jul 4, 2020 - 8:18 AM   

We're not going to start the quiz right away; we'll find a time when there's an appropriate amount of people (if indeed an appropriate amount of people shows up). Be sure to have pen/pencil and paper handy!

Posted:   Jul 4, 2020 - 1:51 PM   
 By:   edwzoomom   (Member)

I am thinking about asking joan to see if she'll join me for this soon. Will we be shocked? Welcome? smile

Posted:   Jul 4, 2020 - 1:56 PM   

Of course. We'll be here for a little bit time yet.