Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   May 16, 2020 - 9:29 PM   
 By:   PFK   (Member)

George Alexander singing the opening song to ELDORADO is nothing short of magnificent. Much better than the non-soundtrack recording from the old LP.[/endquote

I agree Cody!

Posted:   Jun 6, 2020 - 4:06 AM   
 By:   Wedge   (Member)

I haven't seen a lot of published reviews of this set, but recently stumbled across this rave in German and wanted to share:

http://filmmusicjournal.ch/nevada-smith-paramount-westerns/

You can view a version of the page with Google's (imperfect) automatic translation filter here, for a sense of the review:

https://tinyurl.com/yccaolop

Glad to see the reviewer seems to love STREETS OF LAREDO as much as I do!

As mentioned by MV in another thread, less than 100 copies of this set remain. Get it while you can!

Posted:   Aug 8, 2020 - 3:57 PM   
 By:   ZardozSpeaks   (Member)

As mentioned by MV in another thread, less than 100 copies of this set remain. Get it while you can!

The Paramount Westerns rode outta Intrada & SAE.
Not comin' back in stocks, I reckon ...

Posted:   Aug 8, 2020 - 4:23 PM   
 By:   cody1949   (Member)

Would love to see another " golden age and/or silver age" box set surprise from Lalaland before the year is out. Two genres that interest me most are film noir and westerns.

Posted:   Aug 9, 2020 - 1:23 AM   
 By:   Niall from Ireland   (Member)

Would love to see another " golden age and/or silver age" box set surprise from Lalaland before the year is out. Two genres that interest me most are film noir and westerns.

Absolutely Cody, I'd buy another La La Land western box set in a flash!

Posted:   Aug 9, 2020 - 4:09 AM   
 By:   cody1949   (Member)

Absolutely Cody, I'd buy another La La Land western box set in a flash!

It doesn't have to be from Paramount. There are many western and film noir scores that could possibly exist in the Universal vault.

Posted:   Aug 9, 2020 - 11:10 AM   
 By:   tiomkinfan   (Member)

Here's another automatic purchase if they grace us with another box set of golden/silver age titles. If the Paramount set is almost gone, then there is obviously a market for those older scores.

Posted:   Aug 9, 2020 - 11:33 AM   
 By:   Lokutus   (Member)

Still waiting for my copy to arrive - the last remaining of those ancient orders shipped back in April, which has yet to arrive...