Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Apr 5, 2024 - 9:53 AM   
 By:   TacktheCobbler   (Member)

Six days before the end, only 59% had been collected. Was it that tough with the projects for Tiomkin, Herrmann and Goldsmith? In the end, in my eyes, it was still a triumphant success, fortunately. Hopefully the CD will be ready a little sooner and not in December. Chris announced earlier that the new recordings will take place at the end of June.

I think the Tiomkin was pretty tough before one contributor (speculated to have been Olivia Tiomkin) donated a whopping $10,000 and the Herrmann had added issue of financing a second score (not helped by the fact that the primary score was not well specified). The Goldsmith, on the other hand, I think was relatively smooth sailing from what I recall. I recall it was two-thirds of the way financed less than a week into its campaign.

Posted:   May 19, 2024 - 4:44 AM   
 By:   MThiermann670   (Member)

Just out of curiosity. Chris is flying to Zurich at the end of June for the repairs. What could be the reason why the CD is not being delivered until December? A time buffer in case the new recordings cannot take place in June for whatever reason?

Posted:   May 19, 2024 - 4:54 AM   
 By:   Thor   (Member)

Just out of curiosity. Chris is flying to Zurich at the end of June for the repairs. What could be the reason why the CD is not being delivered until December? A time buffer in case the new recordings cannot take place in June for whatever reason?

I'm guessing there's post production. 5-6 months doesn't sound unreasonable to get it right.

Posted:   May 19, 2024 - 10:19 AM   
 By:   Lokutus   (Member)

If they are supposed to be delivered during december, the CDs should be shipped around end of November... so that leaves 5 months to have everything edited, mastered, liner notes written and everything designed and printed/pressed... that is not that long...

Plus as usual Young has also other project(s) in the works...