Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Dec 1, 2023 - 2:21 AM   
 By:   AdoKrycha007   (Member)

They are probably held up while they swap the discs for copies of Jedi.

What? I am not familiar with this ?

Posted:   Dec 1, 2023 - 9:42 PM   
 By:   JonesIndiana01   (Member)

In case anyone was wondering (I know I was): I asked DME costumer service whether or not The Way of Water was a DME exclusive.

The answer I got: we have no more information than you can find on the site, so we cannot help you, have a nice day!

Posted:   Dec 1, 2023 - 9:58 PM   
 By:   cody1949   (Member)

Yesterday I was informed that my CD has departed Charlottesville, VA. by Fedex. If all goes well I will have it sometime on Monday.

Posted:   Dec 2, 2023 - 3:58 PM   
 By:   Josh   (Member)

I didn't even realize this had been released on CD until I stumbled across a copy at a local record store today. Just like the good old days! big grin

I hven't seen the film yet, but I listened to the album while driving down the coast along the Pacific Ocean, which lent a nice vibe.

Posted:   Dec 3, 2023 - 5:14 PM   
 By:   orion_mk3   (Member)

What? I am not familiar with this ?

Over in the Dial of Destiny thread, a board member accidentally received a copy of Return of the Jedi instead of Dial of Destiny.

Posted:   Dec 4, 2023 - 6:56 AM   
 By:   moolik   (Member)

I tried to watch AVATAR The way of ...It was one of the most ridiculous and embarrassing movies I´ve ever watched with music that was just generic and without impact( to me).
When I watched the first one in theatres ..yes it was a great 3d exprience and the story didnt matter cause it was only the technique that intrigued.Watching this cr... on TV , it shows you what a bloated NOTHING this whole thing is.

Posted:   Dec 4, 2023 - 6:59 AM   

Over in the Dial of Destiny thread, a board member accidentally received a copy of Return of the Jedi instead of Dial of Destiny.

But the entire release? Or AFTER unpacking, CD in tray was from a Jedi score ?

Posted:   Dec 4, 2023 - 7:09 AM   
 By:   Yavar Moradi   (Member)

How far into the movie did you get, moolik?

Yavar

Posted:   Dec 4, 2023 - 7:31 AM   
 By:   moolik   (Member)

Sorry to be so negativ in my recent postssmile....First the Varese Release rant by me now the AVATAR bashing...nevermind....Stay positiv!

Posted:   Dec 4, 2023 - 7:38 AM   
 By:   akhnaton   (Member)

Some clown already has a copy of this up on e-Bay !!
Currently even has a bidder who wants it...........

Posted:   Dec 4, 2023 - 12:38 PM   
 By:   orion_mk3   (Member)

But the entire release? Or AFTER unpacking, CD in tray was from a Jedi score ?

The entire release. Wrong CD BEFORE unpacking. You can see a photo in the relevant thread.

Posted:   Dec 4, 2023 - 12:47 PM   
 By:   Anthony N.Putson   (Member)

Fabulous score.

Posted:   Dec 4, 2023 - 1:37 PM   
 By:   BrenKel   (Member)

Fabulous score.

Agreed! My favourite score from last year. Looking forward to getting the cd when I can.

Posted:   Dec 4, 2023 - 2:03 PM   
 By:   Yavar Moradi   (Member)

Sorry to be so negativ in my recent postssmile....First the Varese Release rant by me now the AVATAR bashing...nevermind....Stay positiv!

I only asked because the first time I tried watching Avatar 2 (in 3D because that's what was available) my wife and I really didn't care for the opening 15-2- minutes (I think in part because of the 3D). But we decided to give it another shot a week later (in 2D) because there wasn't anything else in theater we felt like trying... and surprisingly we both really got invested in the film about a third of the way into its lengthy runtime. And IMO all the best parts of the score enter when the "Water" element of the title kicks in around that point. Before then I could understand someone considering it an inferior Horner rehash. But after? Well, I just don't commonly hear cues like this in big Hollywood blockbusters any more:

Yavar

Posted:   Dec 5, 2023 - 4:20 AM   

They share the orders.
They sent me separately Avatar & Hunchback, and Aladdin is still on backorder.
So, two packages, two customs payments upon delivery...

Posted:   Dec 5, 2023 - 9:31 AM   
 By:   MattyT   (Member)

I ordered my copy from Amazon US which I finally got in the mail a couple of days ago. It's a pressed CD, but unfortunately, it's missing the "Leaving Home" cue that was on the original digital release. I'm not sure why it's been excluded, but I'm wondering if the version from DME is missing this as well. It's frustrating because it's one of my favorite cues from the score!

Posted:   Dec 5, 2023 - 10:05 AM   
 By:   RustyNail   (Member)

I ordered my copy from Amazon US which I finally got in the mail a couple of days ago. It's a pressed CD, but unfortunately, it's missing the "Leaving Home" cue that was on the original digital release. I'm not sure why it's been excluded, but I'm wondering if the version from DME is missing this as well. It's frustrating because it's one of my favorite cues from the score!

I believe that track has been retitled to Hometree on the CD.

Posted:   Dec 5, 2023 - 10:10 AM   
 By:   keky   (Member)

Yes, it's the same track.

Posted:   Dec 5, 2023 - 10:21 AM   
 By:   MattyT   (Member)

Yes, it's the same track.

Thanks!

Posted:   Dec 25, 2023 - 8:35 PM   
 By:   CK   (Member)

I just unexpectedly found a copy at Amoeba in San Francisco. It exists!

If somebody should come within reach of Amoeba and wouldn't mind taking a few minutes to take a gander into their fabulous soundtrack section...

...or if somebody managed to get more than one copy from Disney Emporium and would be willing to part with it for, I dunno, a lump of coal or something...

...please let me know, because I did not catch wind of the CD's limited status until it was too late, and I'd love to have this one in my collection.

Ta mucho in advanco, and Merry Christmas in any case! smile