Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   May 9, 2024 - 2:10 PM   
 By:   makro   (Member)

Great news. Always happy when a flagship episode launches. They are a highlight in my podsnatcher!

Posted:   May 9, 2024 - 5:43 PM   
 By:   TJ   (Member)

STAR WARS: EPISODE I - THE PHANTOM MENACE SOUNDTRACK WORLD BROADCAST PREMIERE STORY

25 years ago today, I had the great pleasure of presenting the WORLD BROADCAST PREMIERE of the STAR WARS: EPISODE 1 - THE PHANTOM MENACE soundtrack by John Williams. Little did I know, this would be the most memorable day of my tenure at C101.5 FM.

Check out the story below!

This story still makes me laugh. You mentioned that it never happened again. Did the college invest in a bigger server as a result of what happened?

Posted:   May 9, 2024 - 7:03 PM   
 By:   Erik Woods   (Member)

So glad to see Corey Wallace (my client) score from "Supercell" in the list. I remember listening to this months before the films release and I kept telling Corey, "oh my fellow film score enthusiast friends are going to LOVE this score."

It's everything we love and often miss about film music.

Congratulations, Peter. Corey is a bright shining star among the mediocrity of much, not all, of today's film music! I can't wait to hear what he does next!

-Erik-

Posted:   May 9, 2024 - 7:04 PM   

Great news. Always happy when a flagship episode launches. They are a highlight in my podsnatcher!

Podsnatcher! LOL! Love it! Thank you very much for the support!

-Erik-

Posted:   May 9, 2024 - 7:05 PM   

This story still makes me laugh. You mentioned that it never happened again. Did the college invest in a bigger server as a result of what happened?

I honestly have no idea. I'm sure they did since they were also the voice of the AHL Hamilton Bulldogs—which was something rare for a college radio station to broadcast professional sports to the city and beyond!

-Erik-

Posted:   May 9, 2024 - 7:53 PM   
 By:   drivingmissdaisy   (Member)

So glad to see Corey Wallace (my client) score from "Supercell" in the list. I remember listening to this months before the films release and I kept telling Corey, "oh my fellow film score enthusiast friends are going to LOVE this score."

It's everything we love and often miss about film music.

Congratulations, Peter. Corey is a bright shining star among the mediocrity of much, not all, of today's film music! I can't wait to hear what he does next!

-Erik-

Corey is also a big film score fan like all of us, so that's always great smile

Posted:   May 13, 2024 - 12:08 PM   

THE 1UPBEAT: 2 NEW EPISODES!

On the 1UPBEAT, we raid the CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO dungeon & resurrect a few shows that we missed! Today you'll hear music from video game music arrangement albums produced in 2021 & 2022. Host Eric Silver.

In the first show, you'll hear selections from ACTRAISER, FINAL FANTASY V, FINAL FANTASY VII, FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES, BANJO KAZOOIE, and XENOSAGA.

https://www.cinematicsound.net/the-1upbeat-the-best-2021-video-game-music-arrangement-albums/

In the second show you'll hear selections from JOURNEY, THE WONDERFUL 101, CHRONO TRIGGER, MASS EFFECT, & FINAL FANTASY VI.

https://www.cinematicsound.net/the-1upbeat-the-best-2022-video-game-music-arrangement-albums/

Enjoy!

Posted:   May 15, 2024 - 7:36 AM   

NEW EPISODE - THE FLAGSHIP SHOW: FAVOURITE SCORES OF 2023 – PART 2
https://www.cinematicsound.net/the-flag-ship-show-favourite-scores-of-2023-part-2/

On today’s new episode of THE FLAGSHIP SHOW on the CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST, Erik Woods continues his look at some of his favourite scores written in 2023. This is part two of a three-part series. Part one can be found HERE! Today, you’ll hear selections by such composers as Alexander Desplat, Christopher Willis, Christopher Young, Gordy Haab, Stephen Barton, Takeshi Furukawa, Pinar Toprak and Neal Acree.

Part three is coming soon. Enjoy the show.

Posted:   Jun 26, 2024 - 10:37 AM   

NEW EPISODE - THE FLAGSHIP SHOW: FAVOURITE SCORES OF 2023 – PART 3
https://www.cinematicsound.net/the-flag-ship-show-favourite-scores-of-2023-part-3/

On today’s new episode of THE FLAGSHIP SHOW on CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO NETWORK, Erik Woods concludes his look at some of his favourite scores written in 2023. This is the final part of a three-part series. Today, you’ll hear selections by such composers as George Fenton, Anthony Willis, Gordy Haab, Evan Call and Naoki Sato.

Enjoy the show.

Posted:   Jul 2, 2024 - 7:51 AM   

NEW EPISODE - THE 1UPBEAT: THE BEST VIDEO GAME MUSIC OF 2023 – PART ONE
https://www.cinematicsound.net/the-1upbeat-the-best-video-game-music-of-2023-part-one/

Today on the 1UPBEAT, host Eric Silver will count down the top video game scores of 2023. In this episode, Eric counts down scores from 10 to 6, featuring music by Satoshi Okubo, Inon Zur, Jon Everist, Takeshi Furukawa, Chuck E. Myers “Sea”, Alexander Horowitz, and J. Scott Rakozy. Part two will feature scores of 5-1.

Part two is coming soon!

Enjoy the show.

Posted:   Jul 11, 2024 - 4:09 PM   

NEW EPISODE | THE FLAGSHIP SHOW: TIMELINE, WILD ROVERS, THE CROW AND MORE

As I head out on vacation, I leave you with a new episode where I discuss the differences between Brian Tyler and Jerry Goldsmith's scores to TIMELINE, Michael Giacchino diverting the action norm with STAR TREK and MEDAL OF HONOR: FRONTLINE, Jerry Goldsmith's use of music in WILD ROVERS, Graeme Revell's groundbreaking and underrated score to THE CROW & David Shire's delightful score to SHORT CIRCUIT.

LISTEN: https://www.cinematicsound.net/the-flag-ship-show-timeline-wild-rovers-the-crow-and-more/

Enjoy!