Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Mar 1, 2020 - 1:33 PM   
 By:   Hedji   (Member)

After watching the Deleted Scenes from the Blu Ray, there was an alternate End Credits with this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okqe0_9ixY8

Wow! Like a Bond Song! I've never heard this discussed here, and searched as many threads as I could.

Anyone know any information about this vocal version? Better yet, can anyone point to a better recording of it?

Posted:   Mar 1, 2020 - 9:17 PM   
 By:   Steve H   (Member)

After watching the Deleted Scenes from the Blu Ray, there was an alternate End Credits with this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okqe0_9ixY8

Gee. It's hard to imagine Barry had anything to do with this?
Granted it doesn't sound like it's the best recording but the singer, whomever she is, sounds somewhat flat and maybe even off key.
Very curious?

Posted:   May 28, 2020 - 1:21 PM   
 By:   henry   (Member)

I just ordered this!

Posted:   May 28, 2020 - 1:25 PM   
 By:   Graham   (Member)

Love this score.

Graham

Posted:   May 28, 2020 - 3:59 PM   
 By:   Hedji   (Member)

I love it too. You'll have a blast with it Henry.

Posted:   Sep 12, 2020 - 7:58 AM   
 By:   Steve H   (Member)

* I have added some updates/changes to my LP/CD comparison earlier in the thread.

Regardless of your opinion of the film (I think it's a hell of a lot of fun), this is such a wonderful score from Barry! Whatever the status may be of the master tapes?, there is about 20 extra mins or so of great material that may or may not remain unreleased.

Posted:   Oct 27, 2020 - 6:59 PM   
 By:   stravinsky   (Member)

I've just watched this terrible movie only to hear the score in context having bought the BSX release which I'm horrified to discover was 12 years ago already. This score is a little gem but I was dismayed to hear there were quite a few cues heard in the movie which are not on the album. I suppose the original masters are lost. A shame because a definitive complete release would be welcome.
This score is kind of like Herrmann's "Blue Denim" in relation to "Vertigo". Its a mini masterpiece.