Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Apr 27, 2021 - 5:10 PM   
 By:   TacktheCobbler   (Member)

In addition to Eye of the Needle, it would be nice if we could get some of the perpetuity-owned Herrmanns from the box set that haven’t been reissued yet (and preferably with a reasonable quantity so I don’t miss out).

Posted:   Apr 28, 2021 - 11:16 AM   
 By:   johnonymous86   (Member)

We need a James Horner expansion for a change.

Hear hear!

I can't even remember the last Horner V DE that was released?

Posted:   Apr 28, 2021 - 11:32 AM   
 By:   Jason LeBlanc   (Member)

Hear hear!

Cocoon: The Return

https://www.varesesarabande.com/collections/cd-club/products/cocoon-the-return-the-deluxe-edition

Release Date: 02/29/2016

Posted:   Apr 28, 2021 - 5:11 PM   
 By:   Yavar Moradi   (Member)

Hear hear!

How many more unexpanded Horner scores does Varese even have rights to? Brainstorm, Once Around, Class Action, Beyond Borders, House of Sand and Fog, The Forgotten, Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius, All the King’s Men, Black Gold, and For Greater Glory would be the candidates I think.

Obviously everyone wants the unreleased Brainstorm film recording, but which of the rest are most in need of expansion?

They already reissued Vibes and Where the River Runs Black as straight Encore Editions, so those seem unlikely for expanded Deluxe Editions...

Yavar

Posted:   Jun 7, 2021 - 11:20 AM   

So the latest Deluxe Editions were Lionheart by Goldsmith and Knowing by Beltrami, two fantastic releases.

Amazingly, Varese has two more Club releases later this week. A fourth batch in a row containing Goldsmith would seem to be a stretch but these have been crazy times for Goldsmith fans lately.

What are folks hoping for, this round?

Yavar

Posted:   Jun 7, 2021 - 11:24 AM   
 By:   Randy Watson   (Member)

So the latest Deluxe Editions were Lionheart by Goldsmith and Knowing by Beltrami, two fantastic releases.

Amazingly, Varese has two more Club releases later this week. A fourth batch in a row containing Goldsmith would seem to be a stretch but these have been crazy times for Goldsmith fans lately.

Yavar

Sphere and Terminal Velocity are high on my wishlist but doubt they'll happen.

Posted:   Jun 7, 2021 - 11:25 AM   

Sphere and Terminal Velocity are high on my wishlist but doubt they'll happen.

Oooh, mine too! I guess we never know... Knowing: The Deluxe Edition was quite an out of the blue surprise for most people. Anything's possible.

Yavar

Posted:   Jun 7, 2021 - 1:45 PM   
 By:   SBD   (Member)

Yavar

As a break from the usual mewling about Mouse Hunt, let's go with DEs of Hudson Hawk and The Quick and the Dead.

Posted:   Jun 7, 2021 - 2:17 PM   
 By:   KeV McG   (Member)

Hudson Hawk would be cool.
I also wish for an expanded INSTINCT by Danny Elfman.
Fantastic score with some great stuff missing and abbreviated.