Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jun 11, 2019 - 2:17 PM   
 By:   henry   (Member)

Re: CD vs CDr.

Now I am confused -- I pulled out my set received from Amazon again and realize I don't honestly know if it is CDs or CDrs. When I responded before I only glanced quickly and it seemed to be a pressed CD set. Also on the back of the jewel case my copy has "Disc Made in Mexico" embossed on the plastic in red. I assumed that meant it was a pressed CD set -- does Amazon farm out made-on-demand CDrs to Mexico now?

Anyway sorry if I misled anyone -- but I may have a CDr set too. I only know that my set has a nice, standard jewel case with professional printing -- not the set described by one of the Amazon reviewers. And my set definitely has separate, individual tracks.

i got the cd from amazon.uk. it has Disc Made in Mexico on case but cd look like pressed.

I have noticed cds, not cdrs, at Wal-mart and Target now say disc made in Mexico. So you probably do have a cd.smile

Posted:   Jun 12, 2019 - 7:32 AM   
 By:   Lokutus   (Member)

i got the cd from amazon.uk

In that case you must have got the EU version... these shitty CD-Rs are US fashion only.

Posted:   Jun 12, 2019 - 10:12 AM   
 By:   Jon Broxton   (Member)

My review of GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS, for anyone who's interested. Settle in: this one is a long read!

https://moviemusicuk.us/2019/06/12/godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-bear-mccreary/

Jon

Posted:   Jun 12, 2019 - 11:35 AM   
 By:   Lewis&Clark   (Member)

My review of GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS, for anyone who's interested. Settle in: this one is a long read!

https://moviemusicuk.us/2019/06/12/godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-bear-mccreary/

Jon

I was almost anxiously awaiting your review for KOTM. Now it's here and does not disappoint for a second smile it's a great, detailed review which does the score justice. I'm happy to see that my favorite reviewer loves the score as I do. Thank you very much, Sir!

Posted:   Jun 14, 2019 - 2:06 PM   
 By:   MikeP   (Member)

Happened to find this in a brick and mortar store today for $12, so I grabbed it. It also has the "disc made in Mexico" stamp, the inserts and booklet are professional, not cheap looking at all. Pretty sure mine are pressed discs. So, they've pressed a low print run for retail but CDRs for Amazon orders...?

Posted:   Jun 15, 2019 - 11:56 AM   
 By:   Lewis&Clark   (Member)

Sorry for not adding to the pressed/CD-R discussion but this is a great read:

http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/blog/films/godzilla-king-of-the-monsters/#blog/blog/films/godzilla-king-of-the-monsters/

Posted:   Jun 16, 2019 - 4:39 PM   
 By:   henry   (Member)

I just got the pressed cd at F.Y.E.!