Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Apr 22, 2019 - 8:26 PM   
 By:   'Lenny Bruce' Marshall   (Member)

The Rutherford Disintegration

Posted:   Apr 23, 2019 - 2:39 AM   
 By:   Spymaster   (Member)

Well, your experience is different than mine, I thoroughly enjoyed LLL's presentation of The Sum Of All Fears, all the choices made make for powerful, musically well-rounded tracks adding up to a great listen overall. I actually hate short tracks under or around a minute, it makes for a jarring listen with all those breaks between these, especially if I'm simply shuffling tracks on my iPod or iPhone. Combining short cues into longer tracks is much appreciated.

A cue like "Changes" should never have been joined to anything else, much less overlapped! It's a standalone, single-minded piece of music. Plus "Shoot Him" (the overlapping cue in question) is actually suited to being the coda to "Deserted Lab", and if anything should have been joined to that, because it concludes the series of "lab" cues that begin with "The Reservoir". There are other examples of nonsense editing on the disc. It's a rare example of a LLL cock-up.

Also, a good album can't be sequenced to accommodate one random listen to happens to want to listen on shuffle play. It has to make musical sense - or at least film narrative/dramatic sense.

Posted:   May 27, 2020 - 1:55 PM   
 By:   T.J. Turner   (Member)

Are more coming back in stock or has it's 5000 run ended early?