Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Sep 18, 2019 - 8:00 PM   
 By:   Josh   (Member)

The Phelpsiana Agnosticism

Thanks, but it's been full-on atheism for decades.

Posted:   Sep 20, 2019 - 6:05 AM   
 By:   Tall Guy   (Member)

Josh's damning of Cheerios with faint praise:

"My favorite part of a Cheerio is the air inside, a welcome respite from its oaty scaffolding"

Posted:   Sep 20, 2019 - 9:12 AM   
 By:   Jim Phelps   (Member)

299. solium in Star Trek the Motion Picture 40th Anniversary:

"Imagine a Blade Runner screening, they'll have to import fans from Norway or risk a complete no show."

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=136736&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=2&r=787#0

I love me some anti-science-fantasy humor.

Posted:   Sep 20, 2019 - 11:06 AM   
 By:   BillCarson   (Member)

Rameau's post on when leeches attack in the "In Movies dont you hate it when...." thread.

Thinking about The African Queen & The Bridge On The River Kwai that I watched a few weeks ago, films are very bad when it comes to dealing with leeches, you should just leave them, they drop off when they're full up, about 20-30 minutes. If you shake salt of them, they could regurgitate some nasty stuff into your veins, & if you use a burn them off with a cigarette, they could fall off & leave part of them inside you, maybe leading to an ulcer, which could prove deadly in a hot climate.

This has been a public information message.

Clear evidence that Ramaeu is, in fact, doctor Rameau Hoffnung, world-renowned expert and owner of the largest leech farm in europe. smile

Posted:   Sep 21, 2019 - 11:12 AM   
 By:   solium   (Member)

Phelps response to Mr. Marshals lame attempts at pegging Phelps as some kinda card carrying southern gawd lov’in confederate flag waving redneck in the "Stupid Questions Thread - no answers required".

"I demand to see the film footage of you saving Lukas Kendall's life so I finally see why you haven't been banned from here."

Posted:   Sep 21, 2019 - 11:46 AM   
 By:   Mr. Marshall   (Member)

Rameau's post on when leeches attack in the "In Movies dont you hate it when...." thread.

Thinking about The African Queen & The Bridge On The River Kwai that I watched a few weeks ago, films are very bad when it comes to dealing with leeches, you should just leave them, they drop off when they're full up, about 20-30 minutes. If you shake salt of them, they could regurgitate some nasty stuff into your veins, & if you use a burn them off with a cigarette, they could fall off & leave part of them inside you, maybe leading to an ulcer, which could prove deadly in a hot climate.

This has been a public information message.

Clear evidence that Ramaeu is, in fact, doctor Rameau Hoffnung, world-renowned expert and owner of the largest leech farm in europe. smile

Heh. Heh!

Posted:   Sep 21, 2019 - 11:49 AM   

Phelps response to Mr. Marshals lame attempts at pegging Phelps as some kinda card carrying southern gawd lov’in confederate flag waving redneck in the "Stupid Questions Thread - no answers required".

"I demand to see the film footage of you saving Lukas Kendall's life so I finally see why you haven't been banned from here."

Whaddya mean " lame attempts"?
It pissed him off; didn't it? . In my book that counts as a successful needle thrust!

Posted:   Sep 21, 2019 - 1:08 PM   
 By:   solium   (Member)

It pissed him off; didn't it? . In my book that counts as a successful needle thrust!

There's Christopher Hitchens level of trolling, then there's misquotes buzzing around the ear trolling.
Yours was the latter. You're better than that. wink

Posted:   Sep 21, 2019 - 1:28 PM   

There's Christopher Hitchens level of trolling, then there's misquotes buzzing around the ear trolling.
Yours was the latter. You're better than that. wink

Look man!
I have family in South Florida. Close family. Whiter than white trash.
I think I can make humour out of our shared history.
Besides, he never should have said I " wasn't the brightest bulb" on this board.
wink

Posted:   Sep 21, 2019 - 1:29 PM   
 By:   Justin Boggan   (Member)

Must...
resist...
temptation...