Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Feb 14, 2019 - 9:16 AM   
 By:   Kev McGann   (Member)

Not if Zimmer can help it!!

Posted:   Feb 14, 2019 - 9:20 AM   
 By:   Shaun Rutherford   (Member)

It's Been Educational should NOT have crossfaded with Clocktower on the ALBUM and you KNOW it. You are all bastards.

Posted:   Feb 14, 2019 - 9:26 AM   
 By:   Mr. Marshall   (Member)

It's Been Educational should NOT have crossfaded with Clocktower on the ALBUM and you KNOW it. You are all bastards.

"There is a vacancy at Arkham.
Prepare the padded room."
- Hugo Strange

Posted:   Feb 14, 2019 - 9:27 AM   

Not if Zimmer can help it!!

Cheap shot and unfair.

Posted:   Feb 14, 2019 - 9:27 AM   
 By:   ghost of 82   (Member)

Is Badelt credited anywhere?

He's got an 'additional arrangements' credit, so that might be promising regards a certain piece of music. I do suspect that in any case, that piece on Youtube that is winding people up is a suite/mix unique to that Badelt promo, and any quote of that music will be different in the score on this album. But I'll listen out for it.

Posted:   Feb 14, 2019 - 9:32 AM   

Thanks for the details, ghost of 82. But why a replacement cover? A typo?

Yes the original printing said '20th Anniverary Expanded Edition' (missing the 's') which has been fixed on the replacement printing, as well as the addition of a dedication to the late Nick Redman on the inlay side. I certainly appreciate it being packaged in a card envelope as it arrived perfect and enabled me to swap out the cover easily, and the tribute to Nick is a lovely way to mark with some respect the sad timing of this release.

Posted:   Feb 14, 2019 - 9:56 AM   

Is Badelt credited anywhere?

He's got an 'additional arrangements' credit, so that might be promising regards a certain piece of music. I do suspect that in any case, that piece on Youtube that is winding people up is a suite/mix unique to that Badelt promo, and any quote of that music will be different in the score on this album. But I'll listen out for it.

That is on the ost also.
Thanks#!

Posted:   Feb 14, 2019 - 9:58 AM   
 By:   LeHah   (Member)

I can't wait until Tuesday when the usual bitching and moaning about not getting what you all have built up to expect happens.

James

Boy, was this post ever prescient.

Gee, at least the complaints are valid.
Its not as if we are bitching because say, oh I dunno....BACK TO THE FUTURE finally gets released but its 'ruined' because " It's Been Educational " seques into CLOCKTOWER!

Usually one has to first kick over the rotten log to find something ugly and squirming like this.

Another FSM thread ruined by the drunks in the cheap seats. And Shaun, you ain't helping.

Posted:   Feb 15, 2019 - 10:32 AM   

You mean this one, James?

I, too, hope that it could be included! (BTW - it was arranged by Klaus Badelt and could be heard on a promotional CD of his earlier music, before he branched out on his own. Sorry to be a hair-splitter...vee Tchermanns ah like zat! wink)

This is indeed included. Its on the second track, Witt and the Melanesians- the only caveat is that the first section of the track is some lovely almost ambient mood music with a familiar TRL theme and the piece you are after fades in at the 1:17 mark, continuing on to the end of the track at 2:53. If there's any difference I can't discern it, although as it fades in it might be missing something at the start. It also reprises (in somewhat different orchestration etc) in Witts Travels. Not sure about anywhere else, I haven't been able to sit down properly with my discs yet (you wait 20 years for a complete (ish) TRL OST and then Real Life keeps you too busy to hear it).

Posted:   Feb 15, 2019 - 2:27 PM   

Great. Thanks!

In the film there is also an orchestral arrangement of Faure's "in Paradiso"; that is the the organ piece heard in the film where Witt is canoeing.
If it isn't on the cd that's ok.
SO, I think we have the two pieces we all wanted.

Still gonna wait for a sale though , like I did for DAD>
25% off is $15- the cost of tax and shipping!
brm

p.s. I think it reprises in z"Witt;s death" or "Funeral"

Posted:   Feb 15, 2019 - 2:44 PM   

There's absolutely no classical music included. It's all Zimmer (and collaborators) only, which is fine as it almost feels like Goldsmith's original Alien score before Terry Rawlings cut it up and replaced some of it with other Goldsmith pieces etc. It's a marvelous piece of work but not exactly what we are familiar with in the film.

Posted:   Feb 16, 2019 - 12:08 PM   
 By:   Khan   (Member)

You mean this one, James?

I, too, hope that it could be included! (BTW - it was arranged by Klaus Badelt and could be heard on a promotional CD of his earlier music, before he branched out on his own. Sorry to be a hair-splitter...vee Tchermanns ah like zat! wink)

This is indeed included. Its on the second track, Witt and the Melanesians- the only caveat is that the first section of the track is some lovely almost ambient mood music with a familiar TRL theme and the piece you are after fades in at the 1:17 mark, continuing on to the end of the track at 2:53. If there's any difference I can't discern it, although as it fades in it might be missing something at the start. It also reprises (in somewhat different orchestration etc) in Witts Travels. Not sure about anywhere else, I haven't been able to sit down properly with my discs yet (you wait 20 years for a complete (ish) TRL OST and then Real Life keeps you too busy to hear it).

You're giving bad info.

The exact version in the YouTube clip does not appear on the CDs. Witt and the Melanesians features a different arrangement than the YouTube video, with different orchestration and a sped up ending.

The theme appears again in a different form in Witt Killed; the Witt/Welsh theme (which comes from a different Melanesian chant) is what appears in Witt Travels.

Posted:   Feb 16, 2019 - 12:58 PM   

The exact version in the YouTube clip does not appear on the CDs. Witt and the Melanesians features a different arrangement than the YouTube video, with different orchestration and a sped up ending.

do either version appear in the film?