Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Sep 8, 2019 - 12:25 PM   
 By:   Mr. Marshall   (Member)

Nude?!

Well then....

Seriously. This is the music that could have been in COLUMBO. Think of it as unused score and imagine Robert Gulp desperately searching for a contact lens...Patrick O'Neal transporting a dead body along a mountain road...Eddie Albert burying a body at sea. . Roddy McDowell on a tram with a box of exploding cigars!

Posted:   Sep 8, 2019 - 12:33 PM   
 By:   Last Child   (Member)

Seriously. This is the music that could have been in COLUMBO. Think of it as unused score and imagine Robert Gulp desperately searching for a contact lens...Patrick O'Neal transporting a dead body along a mountain road...Eddie Albert burying a body at sea. . Roddy McDowell on a tram with a box of exploding cigars!

I feel like this is a call for help from BRM. Mentioning Roddy is a clear reference to Malcolm with whom he's often and mistakenly presumed to be related, and whose imdb bio reads thusly...

In the mid-1980s, the years of alcohol and drug abuse, including $1000 a week on cocaine, caught up with him. Years of abuse took its toll on him; his black hairs were now gray. Looking older than he really was, nobody wanted to cast him for playing younger roles. The big roles having dried up, he did many B-rated movies. The 1990s were kinder to him, though. In 1994, he was cast as Dr. Tolian Soran, the man who killed Captain James T. Kirk in Star Trek Generations (1994). He was back on the track, playing villains again. He played another in the classic BBC miniseries Our Friends in the North (1996). Today, with more than 100 films under his belt, he is one of the greatest actors in America. He still does not have American citizenship, but he likes the no-nonsense American ways. He resides in the northern suburbs of Los Angeles, California.

Sound familiar? BRM the villain of FSM.

Posted:   Sep 8, 2019 - 12:34 PM   
 By:   Graham Watt   (Member)

People - Please DO pay attention. There IS Columbo music in THE SENTINEL, and it IS for Robert Gulp dumping a body. And Richard Dreyfuss isn't in it, but every other actor in the world is.

//aƱadido-desde_nave_espacial//gobierno:secreto///

It seems that I'm the one who must pay attention. The "Eye-Ehm-Dee-Bee" lists Richard Dreyfuss as the "Man on the Sidewalk (uncredited)". This was after JAWS. Was he just there by chance?

Posted:   Sep 8, 2019 - 12:39 PM   
 By:   Mark R. Y.   (Member)

And Richard Dreyfuss isn't in it....

Oh yes he is!

Posted:   Sep 8, 2019 - 12:42 PM   

And Richard Dreyfuss isn't in it....

Oh yes he is!

[image]i.postimg.cc/Yq6tTCyF/The-Sentinel-Richard-Dreyfuss-1977.jpg[/image]

We were posting at the same time, Mark. Can't get access to your image from the spaceship, but I'll try other means. Anyway, was it an in-joke? A favour for somebody? As I said, Dreyfuss was already famous by then.

//Editado// Nave_espacial//

Ah, I see him now. Is that really him? And is he talking to Amy Irving?

Posted:   Sep 8, 2019 - 12:43 PM   

Is that really him?

It sure looks like him!

And is he talking to Amy Irving?

Isn't that Cristina? I need to see this movie again!

Posted:   Sep 8, 2019 - 12:44 PM   

And I added, "Is he talking to Amy Irving"?

Posted:   Sep 8, 2019 - 12:46 PM   

No, wait, that's Cristina and Deborah Raffin with their backs to the camera. I don't know who Dreyfuss is flirting with!