Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Jun 11, 2019 - 2:29 AM   
 By:   Kev McGann   (Member)

This score has beguiled me.
Something about the music, in conjunction with the plot synopsis in the notes, has conjured a film in my mind that really sets my imagination soaring.
An old man with wings (possibly a fallen angel) is found near a town in the mountains and taken in by the townspeople, but his presence is met with various emotions, from fear and mistrust to disdain. Only a young boy offers him any friendship or hope.
I'm not sure if I ever want to see the film, as the one I see in my mind, as I listen to the music, is probably way more vivid.
The score is dominated by two main themes, both written in a style that recall the best of Ennio Morricone. Not so much any copying of themes, but the phrasings and instrumentation.
This score has really piqued my interest in the music by this composer.
Anyone else heard or aware of it?

Posted:   Jun 11, 2019 - 2:58 AM   
 By:   Kev McGann   (Member)

The predominant mood of the score is sombre and sad and melancholic, with brooding chorus at times, but there's a bit at the very end of the last track, where the composer offers a gorgeous string elegy that really packs an emotional punch, following all that has come before.

I must add it's available from the Keep Moving Records site for about $3.
BARGAIN!!!

Posted:   Jun 11, 2019 - 3:32 AM   
 By:   MCurry29   (Member)

I agree Kev. This score is just marvelous. I have to seek out this film.