Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Oct 9, 2019 - 9:21 PM   
 By:   JTWfan77   (Member)

Has anyone ordered from Tarantula in Germany? They don't respond to my e-mails.

Posted:   Oct 10, 2019 - 1:01 AM   
 By:   Sabreman   (Member)

Well, I've had the following response from Elite Soundtracks to my message asking him to clarify which (if any) version of Jaws I will receive:

Hi, I am not certain which edition will arrive, so will process the refund just to be on the safe side.

I've checked my Paypal account, and there's no refund yet. I'll give him a couple of days and if there's no refund I'll open a claim with ebay/Paypal.

Posted:   Oct 10, 2019 - 4:07 AM   
 By:   solium   (Member)

I had an issue with Moviemars on Ebay. I bought the soundtrack to X-Men: Days of Future Past for $7.49. Said it shipped and I never received it and they said it was the last one so they refunded me my money. I went back and checked out what they were selling a week later and there it was for $25. Shady.

Been a long time but I used to order a lot from Moivemars thru Amazon. Always had the best prices and fast shipping. Maybe things have changed.

Posted:   Oct 10, 2019 - 4:46 AM   
 By:   Traveling Matt   (Member)

I think that's what's known as 'dropshipping'.

That's it, thank you.

Posted:   Oct 10, 2019 - 8:33 AM   
 By:   JTWfan77   (Member)

Anyone?

Posted:   Oct 10, 2019 - 11:46 AM   
 By:   Vestron   (Member)

Anyone?

I've ordered a couple of times from them but never got any issue from my side!

Definitely not as Elite Soundtrack, the well known scammers...

Posted:   Oct 10, 2019 - 1:19 PM   
 By:   Andy C   (Member)

@ OP:

I can't help but laugh - albeit bitterly - as I've had the EXACT same experience over the past fortnight with Elite!

Panicked when I saw that Jaws was gone from Intrada's site, kicked myself for having had it in my shopping cart for nearly a year and never having actually bought it, saw Elite offering "In stock" and Buy it now" for both Jaws and Jaws 2, so pulled the trigger. Got a postage notification but - over a week later - hadn't received anything. Sent a query to Elite asking where the CDs were and got the following mail:

"Hi, I do apologise as was awaiting Jaws to arrive as they were delayed by intrada due to a repressing. So prematurely marked as despatched as expected them last week. I do have Jaws 2 and can ship tomorrow and let you know when Jaws is available, so you can either have a refund or wait. Apologies once again."

I was pretty hacked that - over a week after I'd paid them - they'd not bothered to communicated with me and that I only got the above mail when I chased them. Added to which, the postage confirmation mail I received the morning after my purchase (the standard eBay one), was clearly a lie. I rather tersely told them to send Jaws 2 (which arrived a few days later), and refund me for Jaws.

Here's where it gets shady (although I didn't actually twig until this evening): Elite opened a case in eBay to refund me for Jaws 2. However, the Jaws 2 CD arrived, was signed for by my wife, so eBay closed the case yesterday, denying me a refund as I'd received the item. I sent a mail to Elite telling them that they'd tried to refund me for the wrong item and that they needed to return my money for Jaws. A few hours later, I received notification from PayPal that the refund had been received.

Having read other peoples' experiences in this thread and learning that Elite are a dodgy bunch of drop-shipping, order-on-demand scam artists, I think I'll make myself useful this weekend and report the matter to eBay. Probably won't lead to anything but you never know...

PS: I ended up ordering Jaws from Vasco Cine in France who have copies in stock. I've bought from them a few times in the past: they're a little pricey but communicate well and ship quickly.

Posted:   Oct 10, 2019 - 5:14 PM   
 By:   Scott Bettencourt   (Member)

I had an issue with Moviemars on Ebay. I bought the soundtrack to X-Men: Days of Future Past for $7.49. Said it shipped and I never received it and they said it was the last one so they refunded me my money. I went back and checked out what they were selling a week later and there it was for $25. Shady.

Been a long time but I used to order a lot from Moivemars thru Amazon. Always had the best prices and fast shipping. Maybe things have changed.

I think the last time I ordered from Moviemars (through Amazon) I didn't receive the disc and when I told them so they canceled the order and refunded it, but they never answered my queries about whether they'd actually sent the disc in the first place, which is why I stopped ordering from them. (unless I'm confusing them with another Amazon seller, in which case I apologize to Moviemars, but I'm pretty sure it was them).

Posted:   Oct 11, 2019 - 5:44 AM   
 By:   Last Child   (Member)

Anyone?

Ordered twice and no problems. Exchanged plenty of emails to check what was in stock (he'll tell you if it's not in-stock), work out the shipping costs since I'm in USA. I just emailed him the other day and got a reply next day.