Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Apr 7, 2021 - 1:33 PM   
 By:   KeV McG   (Member)

Yes, Stay-Puft was tied to Ray originally, but once he appeared, everyone knew about him and couldn't miss him or forget him thereafter wink
Hopefully it's a bit of both (nostalgia and story relevant)?
I have a big, fantasy adventure score by Simonsen from the Keep Moving Records label. I'll have to give it another listen.

Posted:   Apr 7, 2021 - 2:50 PM   
 By:   Jeyl   (Member)

I thought Stay Puft was a brand in the Ghostbusters universe. Dana had a bag of Stay Put Marshmallows in her groceries complete and when the Ghostbusters storage facility blew, a graphic of Mr. Stay Puft can be seen on the side of a building during the long shot of the Ghostbusters HQ.

Given the woman's scream that Paul Rudd hears in the background, I think a lot of weird things are happening and these little Stary Pufts are just a small part of it. Who knows? Maybe Ray's choice of Gozer's form is still embedded someway.

Posted:   Apr 7, 2021 - 2:57 PM   
 By:   Jeyl   (Member)

Yes, Stay-Puft was tied to Ray originally, but once he appeared, everyone knew about him and couldn't miss him or forget him thereafter wink

Unless you subscribe to Ghostbusters 2's logic that everyone DID forget about the first film's events, that will be tricky to back up. At least that doesn't look to be the case for Afterlife since Paul Rudd's character knows about it. I hope Afterlife doesn't forget about Ghostbusters II. That still has my favorite Ghostbusters tech, the Slime Blower!

Posted:   Apr 7, 2021 - 6:02 PM   
 By:   Dylan   (Member)

From the music in this clip, it sounds like this will be an adaptation score using Elmer Bernstein's themes as well as approximating the original score's orchestrations. Very cool! I wonder if Peter Bernstein was an orchestrator on this?

Posted:   Apr 7, 2021 - 6:33 PM   
 By:   ClaytonMG   (Member)

Unless you subscribe to Ghostbusters 2's logic that everyone DID forget about the first film's events, that will be tricky to back up. At least that doesn't look to be the case for Afterlife since Paul Rudd's character knows about it. I hope Afterlife doesn't forget about Ghostbusters II. That still has my favorite Ghostbusters tech, the Slime Blower!

For Ghostbusters II, I've always just told myself that people went from loving them to being upset about all the destruction and sort of lost sight of them saving the world lol...

But I do hope they bring back the slime blowers! I'm also curious if they'll reference the jumpsuits and logo from the 2nd movie. I also like Ecto-1a more.

Posted:   Apr 7, 2021 - 7:07 PM   
 By:   henry   (Member)

I'm really looking forward to this movie!

Posted:   Apr 8, 2021 - 1:47 AM   
 By:   WillGoldNewtonBarryGrusin   (Member)

If the mini-Puffs is actually from the movie … Just … awful. Awful. Awful.

Awful.

Why?