Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    

Posted:   Feb 15, 2020 - 8:35 AM   
 By:   leagolfer   (Member)

Are they using Neal Hefti's classic theme?

Oh, no, please NO !!

Hefti's theme, essentially a blues, was right on and has a contrasting bridge which hardly anyone knows. Fun music for a fun show before Batman became creepy.

Yes, I haven't followed Batman much since the 60s that theme & the music set a high bar of Riddle & May I even love those layered musical dialogues - the animation or films followed doesn't have that nostalgic fire, I could be wrong but all I know really is that Sun Ra did a cover.

The 1989 movie that I watched fully was ok Palance is a great actor he was underused stupidly a pity, that score & theme lacked all the Batman fundamentals that could of been used for opera most part, I get that Batman became more serious he also went kinda stale.

Personally I like Nolan Dunkirk - but I could care less for Dark Knight I won't watch em the scores I may check out eventually coz there cheap.

Posted:   Feb 15, 2020 - 9:00 AM   
 By:   The Mutant   (Member)

I'm really digging that a lot. It has a 70's big city detective on the prowl vibe that hopefully suggests the direction they're going with it.

I’ve read that it will focus more on the detective aspect of the comics, which is cool.