Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   May 27, 2020 - 9:06 PM   
 By:   Mr. Jack   (Member)

Is there a chance you were converting from Euros to Dollars?

Yes, Euros to Dollars. It came out to about $66. Unless I'm doing it wrong, somehow.

Regardless, the set is worth it.

Posted:   May 27, 2020 - 9:08 PM   
 By:   LeHah   (Member)

Why do Americans seem so averse to owning a multi-region player? The rest of the planet has managed to deal with it to get the generally superior region 1/A releases that have come out over the last twenty-odd years, but a distributor outside the US puts together a decent edition and suddenly the Yanks are all "HELP HELP I'M BEING OPPRESSED."

It's the first thing I check when looking into new hardware, half of them are multi-region out of the box and the other half can usually be hacked just by typing a code into the remote. It's really not difficult.

Buy me a region-free Blu-ray player or your entire comment is hypocritical.

Posted:   May 27, 2020 - 9:28 PM   
 By:   Mr. Jack   (Member)

You can't spend less than $100 on one? That's less than three 2-disc soundtrack releases.

Posted:   May 27, 2020 - 9:35 PM   
 By:   Mose Harper   (Member)

Is there a chance you were converting from Euros to Dollars?

Yes, Euros to Dollars. It came out to about $66. Unless I'm doing it wrong, somehow.

Regardless, the set is worth it.

That explains it.
Base is in the UK, so that price is in pounds sterling, not euros.

Hopefully the exchange doesn't fluctuate too much by late October. I think the lowest rate I've gotten over the last few years has been $1.21 to £1. I think it was $1.23 when I checked earlier tonight.

Posted:   May 28, 2020 - 2:28 AM   
 By:   Timothy J. Phlaps   (Member)

You can't spend less than $100 on one? That's less than three 2-disc soundtrack releases.

You might not even need to buy one. Google your player model plus "multi-region hack" or something similar in Google and there's a good chance all you'll need to do is input a code on your remote.

Posted:   May 28, 2020 - 7:50 AM   
 By:   ryankeaveney   (Member)

Okay, so is the 4K set region-free or region blocked? I'm hearing it's both. Which is just lunacy.

That's all I need to know before deciding to purchase.

The 4K disc is region-free, but the extras are on region-locked Blu-rays.