Film Score Monthly
FSM HOME MESSAGE BOARD FSM CDs FSM ONLINE RESOURCES FUN STUFF ABOUT US  SEARCH FSM   
Search Terms: 
Search Within:   search tips 
You must log in or register to post.
  Go to page:    
 Posted:   Jul 3, 2020 - 1:13 AM   
 By:   philjun   (Member)

My package has been dispatched on june 16 and on transit to germany since june 18. since then no changes/updates. Contacted local DPD customers service and they couldn't help me and told me to contact sender/seller. I've contacted them on june 24 and again on june 26....still no answer/package updates frown

Welcome to the club... It doesn't look good. According to the last tracking information my package arrived in Germany and was out for delivery. After that nothing. Neither DPD UK nor DPD Germany could locate the package any more. The german customer service told me my package is lost and I should contact the sender.

I used the mail provided by the Varese International site and informed them about the situation. In the course of last week I wrote them 3 mails. Therefore it cannot be an office hours thing. I'm still waiting for a reply. I also checked my spam folder. Nothing. frown

I am joining the club. According to the DPD website my package was already delivered to a "Herr Pfefferkorn" (which I am not) two days ago. Unfortunately, it doesn't give an address for "Herr Pfefferkorn", and i wasn't notified. Calling the DPD service hotline wasn't helpful at all. They just told me to contact the sender… no answer, yet.

Has anybody ordering from Germany received their package?

Posted:   Jul 3, 2020 - 5:22 AM   

PS: I just walked the road I'm living at up and down and checked all the nameplates on the buildings, and lo and behold: a "Herr Pfefferkorn" is living in close proximity… So, finally I received my package. By the way, the CDs were perfectly wrapped. No cracked cases. Terrific!

Posted:   Jul 3, 2020 - 8:19 AM   
 By:   Damian   (Member)

PS: I just walked the road I'm living at up and down and checked all the nameplates on the buildings, and lo and behold: a "Herr Pfefferkorn" is living in close proximity… So, finally I received my package. By the way, the CDs were perfectly wrapped. No cracked cases. Terrific!

So Herr Pfefferkorn was not a soundtrack fan big grin

Posted:   Jul 3, 2020 - 9:59 AM   
 By:   Merry Goldsmith   (Member)

The really bad thing here is that DPD was not able to provide an information that a package was delivered to a nice person in the neighborhood. Instead they recommend to contact the seller. Baaah. Philipp, I'm glad that you finally did receive your package. smile

Posted:   Jul 4, 2020 - 1:32 PM   

So Herr Pfefferkorn was not a soundtrack fan big grin

It even turned out, Herr Pfefferkorn was a woman… big grin

Posted:   Jul 4, 2020 - 1:36 PM   

The really bad thing here is that DPD was not able to provide an information that a package was delivered to a nice person in the neighborhood. Instead they recommend to contact the seller. Baaah. Philipp, I'm glad that you finally did receive your package. smile

Yes, that's pretty poor… it seems to be a recurring problem with DPD because it happened to me before… but all is good in the end. Happy to listen to U.S. Marshals and SeaQuest… smile

Posted:   Jul 5, 2020 - 6:25 AM   
 By:   Bishop   (Member)

Don't get met started on DPD!
I've waited literally months for a book and when it was finally "delivered" by DPD they simply forgot to notify me, that I needed to fetch myself in the next store. When I found out about it, it was too late already, the book sent back to the seller and sold out by the time I contacted him ...

But to get back on topic:
I chose the untracked option and had no problems at all with the delivery while saving quite some money at the same time! wink